NJA 7/7 vs flex pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FCNelson

I am curious as to how pay works at NJA. First year pay is ~2270/month. That is based off of working the 17 day schedule.

-I understand if you work the flex schedule (I think that is correct), where you bump up to 21 days of work, you get paid an etra ~900/month. Can anybody correlate this?

-If you are lucky, bid and work the 7 on, 7 off, do you get paid less?

Thanks in advance,

7&7 and 17 day schedules are the same pay. That's why I'd never bid the Flex. I'd go from working 15.5 days a month up to a possible 19 days with only a $875 a month increase in pay. For brand new F/Os, the difference in pay is only $438 a month.

I have been on the flex for this quarter and had a good time with it. The company gives you a schedule for three months that specifies what days you will work and which days you will have off. This month I am working 13. Last month I worked 18. The company has the right to change the schedule (thus the Flex) but rarley changes from what they tell you what you will have. For someone like me that lives in base it works pretty well. I earn more and work about the same as the 17 day. For someone that has a long drive to their gateway it would be harder.

My first quarter I was on the 17 day which was close to what I was used to at the airlines (something like a four on three off). For those that wanted it, their were lots of newhires in most of the fleets that recieved 7 on and 7 off right out of indoc.

PM me with any questions

Flex

With the addition of 91K I wouldn't hold my breathe about ONLY working 13 days any longer... Seems the company will probably use you for all 19 days until this is all worked out.

HD

It also might be better to find out about the flex from pilots who have been here longer. Very very very few pilots bid the flex. even fewer captains bid the flex.

Remember you might get a schedule but that doesn' mean jack. You get 4 hard days off a month. You are required to call in every night to find out your duty day for the next day.

You might be scheduled off on a soft day and guess what. You're going to work. Think of it as a charter pilot on a pager.

Thanks for your replies - and a few more q's as well.....

1. How much extra will a first or second year guy make working the 21 day (flex?) schedule. btw - is flex the correct terminology for the 21 day off schedule?

2. The 21 day work schedule....do they use you every day? I live near a gateway city so it really doesn't matter to me. I'd almost prefer they not use me. How about with the 7/7 or the normal 17 day schedu.

Thanks -

We all prefer them not to use us at all. But with the snafu going on with 91k expect to work everyday except your 4 days off. So that's 19 days a month.

Also know that on the flex your 2 and 3 days turns your SOL. On otherschedules such as the 17 days you need a minimum of 3 days off after each 6 day tour. Also a minimum of 2 days off <5 days of work.

With the flex you are out of luck. 6-1-6-1 till you get 19.

As an fo the pay increase is not worth the extra days and the miserable life your going to have on it.

Frontier fan is a nehire on a falcon. he is not the typical here at netjets. You don't see FO's on the ultra or X on the flex because they will work the wheels off of you. You will probably be hired in the ultra regardless of the time you have. Period. I've seen in the last couple of days new hire ultras coming from delta and major airlines with tons and tons of time and they are in the sweatbox ultra.

Things to remember. Frontierfan is not on the typical schedule or airplane. His experience will vary greatly from those in the U boat, X or 400xp.

I’ve got to say Frontier dude is living in a dream land as a Falcon FO.. If he bids out of that job he is crazy especially if he is getting by-pass pay.

Anyway, I’ve been here 6 + years and the last and only time I bid the flex they worked me 8 on 2 off for the whole quarter.

SafetyTheSeat said:
I’ve got to say Frontier dude is living in a dream land as a Falcon FO.. If he bids out of that job he is crazy especially if he is getting by-pass pay.

Don't think he's on By-pass so he'll have to bid into a different fleet if he wants Capt pay. That could be years for newbies to get those slots.

Latest resources

Back