NJ Citation Excel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
20sx said:
Thanks, just trying (of course, what else?) to see upgrade potential with new jets coming.

The latest Hawker 800 bid went to two guys with seniority numbers less than 200. Both PICs in other airplanes just bidding to get another type rating and probably a better schedule. The way things are going it could be 7 years to upgrade.

I was just offered the Excel as a new hire--
--A little over a week ago, I asked the question of some of the recruiters and management types as to how long we could anticipate upgrading in the excel.

I was told (and this is the quote) -- "Right now it's taking about 18 months, and it's probably going to stay about that--it was shorter, but we're seeing a little less movement now". (they were talking specifically about the excel)

But the numbers sure don't add up. I don't see it happening in 5 years.

You're right X, those numbers don't add up! And what a lot of NJA job applicants and even NJA current co-pilots chomping at the bit for quick upgrades fail to realize, is that as our two orphaned fleets (the Hawker 1000 and the Citation VII) continue to shrink due to airframe sales, there will be HUNDREDS of VERY senior PICs and F/Os ahead of you to take ANY of the few upgrades offered.

I would caution ANYONE coming to NJA that you could EASILY be a right seater for MANY, MANY, years.

Last edited:
Lancair said:
Plus small paycheck is better than what unemployment was paying me.

QUOTE]

The race to you-know-where continues............

I was told (and this is the quote) -- "Right now it's taking about 18 months, and it's probably going to stay about that--it was shorter, but we're seeing a little less movement now". (they were talking specifically about the excel)

This borders on criminal behavior, for interviewees to make their decisions based on these mis-statements is only the tip of the iceberg. If you can remember names, please send me a pm if you don't want to post them here. The truth is the 5-7 year range, sorry they are still selling that crap, it needs to stop!!!

Hey Hawk, I have always just said that "P=Plenty" then a pound or two for for the Group Commander.

Titty Jet Don't give me any crap. I've been at the bottom of a reserve list for the last 3 years at IDE. I voted no for the pay cuts over there and feel all of us our underpaid. Why do you think I took a job here as opposed to MESA or some other $19.00 hour regional. So many other factors went into my decision as well. I don't need to pay for a crash pad, parking, Health insurance is paid 100%, When I can hold 7-7 day care is cut in half. So now yes, I have to hope for a new contract and a livable wage. Maybe the grass is always greener and I'll find out soon enough but I'll take my chances.

Latest resources

Back