• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nice 787 Cockpit Picture

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good picture for the CAL/UAL and DAL pilots out there (any more US airlines order this bird?). What's the latest rumor on whether DAL/NWA will even finalize an order for them (or trade-in for more 777s)?

Not sure if this is the finalized version of the cockpit. Still looks very nice - picture taken at Farnborough.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boei...45312/L/&sid=a1f0c0bcabcd8225dd0141f4a280f105

Delta rumor but several months old....

We do not want the first version of the 787. The first version (-100?) is a 757 replacement. We want the (-200?) which is a 767 replacement. Likely -100 optons would be traded for 777s short term.

But short term is 3-5 years out, and my rumors are a few months old.

There is an -800 and a -900. The -800 seats 210-250 passengers and has a range of 7,650 to 8,200 NM. The -800 is much more than a 757 replacement. The -900 is supposed to seat 250-290 passengers and have a range of 8,000 to 8,500 NM. CAL has 17 787-900s on order and 8 787-800s on order.

The A350-1000 is supposed to seat 350 passengers and fly 8,000nm. A 777 replacement.

I believe the bus would have performed the same way up until the stall where it would have protected the flying envelope. Now wether or not the airplane would recognize ground effect is a good question. Reality though is the chances of ground effect making a bit of difference in your scenerio are not to big.

The bus will and does cross control on every crosswind landing though it uses different logic to get there.

F the bus.

Are you unfamiliar with ground effect and what happens to stall speed while in it?

Ground effect takes effect less than one wing-span above the ground. I highly doubt that would help you stretch a glide, and yes you can cross control a bus briefly. That is why you crab to the flare, just like any other jet... Not understanding how to do this is not an airbus problem.

Actually handflying tha bus is quite enjoyable. You don't have to keep the A/P and throttles engaged. well unless you fly for frontier.

Huh?? We turn the A/P and A/Thr off pretty routinely here at Frontier...am I missing the point here?

I think the individual operator decides how many seats to put in coach, think that could be the problem?

Latest resources

Back