New Startup with contracted pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

magrs

Has anybody heard about a new startup operating with all contracted staff?

I have heard a few companies have looked at the idea, but nobody has made a move yet. This could be interesting?!?!

magrs said:

I have heard a few companies have looked at the idea, but nobody has made a move yet. This could be interesting?!?!

Have not heard about it, but would not be surprised.

magrs said:

Yeah, haven't you heard, they're called JetBlue!

Just kidding guys, couldn't resist :)

New start up coming on line pretty quickly is an out fit called MaxJet or at least that is the name this week. Have the first airplane and will do proving flights sometime around Feb. 05. Initially out of BWI/IAD/JFK? to Standstead I think? Undergoing FAA approvals at this time. Will probably hire one or two classes in the first quarter of 05. Most of these classes are filled at the moment with pilots from Delta/Midway/AA, I believe?

Spooky 1 said:
New start up coming on line pretty quickly is an out fit called MaxJet or at least that is the name this week. Have the first airplane and will do proving flights sometime around Feb. 05. Initially out of BWI/IAD/JFK? to Standstead I think? Undergoing FAA approvals at this time. Will probably hire one or two classes in the first quarter of 05. Most of these classes are filled at the moment with pilots from Delta/Midway/AA, I believe?

Is MaxJet the old Skylink that was starting with B767s?

A number of ex-Midway friends interviewed last week. Sounds like they plan to have 5 A/C by the end of the year.

J3

Start up???? With Contract Pilots??? Real nice, NO BENEFITS and ALL Bull$h*t!!!

I'm not sure what Skylink plans on doing, but I found the concept intriguing. I was curious about the concept, more than the actual airline I guess. I thought it might be Virgin America, but now I'm not so sure. Perhaps this is what this industry needs, and more importantly, this profession. I can't think of any other industry that has so quickly turnd south. What once was a proud profession, has some how turned into a fight to stay off welfare!

Are there any companies contracting pilots right now? How does this work with a 121 cert. if they aren't employees of the airline?

magrs said:
I'm not sure what Skylink plans on doing, but I found the concept intriguing. I was curious about the concept, more than the actual airline I guess. I thought it might be Virgin America, but now I'm not so sure. Perhaps this is what this industry needs, and more importantly, this profession.

Are there any companies contracting pilots right now? How does this work with a 121 cert. if they aren't employees of the airline?

What are you Smoking??? This industry doesn't need any of this!!! You're saying getting paid "Power by the Hour" is the way to go for Pilots??? No Benefits?? Next thing you know you'll be telling me its ok the out source our jobs to foriegn pilots.

Let me tell you how it works for 121...IT DOESN"T!!!:mad:

magrs said:
I'm not sure what Skylink plans on doing, but I found the concept intriguing. I was curious about the concept, more than the actual airline I guess. I thought it might be Virgin America, but now I'm not so sure. Perhaps this is what this industry needs, and more importantly, this profession. I can't think of any other industry that has so quickly turnd south. What once was a proud profession, has some how turned into a fight to stay off welfare!

I do not think that MaxJet is a startup using contract pilots. So I would put that rrumor to rest for the moment. I know three pilots over there that are part of the initial cadre and no one has ever suggested that this was a contract operation. And yes this was the old SkyLink operation. Guess they had some problems with that title.

Another start up out in Seattle is CARGO 360. It was originally called Compass Air Transport but they to ran afoul of someone who had claim to that title. They will start in early summer with B747 200/300 freighters. Only experienced international types with significant heavy time need apply. Mostly heavy duty former Delta management types are running the show. Should be a pretty good operation as they have done copious amounts of homework with the feds and seem to have most of their ducks in order.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back