new skw interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboyzz1

can anyone confirm that within the last couple of weeks they got rid of the sim (if your typed on a jet) and mech apt test? Just read some gouge that said it.

[FONT=&quot]Yes, there is a new interview process at SkyWest! Some of the changes...

1) If you have your ATP Written, you don't have to take their written exam.
2) The Mechanical Aptitude test has been discontinued.
3) If you are rated in a CRJ/ERJ you don't have to do the Sim evaluation.
4) The CRM scenario is now combined with the HR/tech portion of the interview.

Overall, I was not very impressed with their new interview process, and I wish they would have told us about the changes, I wouldn't have spend money on a sim prep and studied for the Written. The interview now is basically sit at a table while pretending to fly a plane, making proper radio calls and answering some CRM/Decision making questions along the way. The interview was very unorganized and I was expecting a lot more from SkyWest. I was very disappointed.
[/FONT]

They said changes were coming when I attended a cattle call earlier this month. Good to get some info on what the changes actually are.

Here's the new SKYW interview gouge.
A timeless classic!!

I just love the work Phil Silvers and he put into "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World".

Three buddies of mine said they didn't even look at their logbooks. They could've been hobos, and they got hired. Pathetic.

Three buddies of mine said they didn't even look at their logbooks. They could've been hobos, and they got hired. Pathetic.
Well, I can see how it might be pathetic if they didn't also have those little pieces of plastic with pictures Orville and Wilbur on them to go along with their logbooks. And by "look", do you mean never opened(or even collected), or only checked in the areas that were tabbed for review?

Pathetic is in the eye of the beholder. I personally think getting hired with 400-700TT and less then 100ME is pathetic, but quite a few of the other regionals are doing it. Maybe since those logbooks are so thin, they are alot easier to "look" at?

Latest resources

Back