New hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flightmahtman4n

Is there any new hires for any regional companies that can give me the flight times they had when they were called in for the interview and the companies that called them? thanks

In ACA hiring pool

Flight times when interviewed:
2300 total
850 multi
Flying part 135 currently

good luck

Times

ACA Hiring Pool
Also waiting for class.

1570 TT
390 Miltu
270 turbine
121 experience.

Anyone else? ASA or Skywest?

Times

ASA Hiring Pool (still waiting for a class date)

Times I listed on my application:

2200 TT
1850 Multi
1820 Turbine
1000 Flight Engineer (although I doubt that counted for much...there wasn't even a space on the application for it, but I listed it on my resume)

Part 121 background

ACA Pool, interviewed in August with ~2100/750 or so and a friend in class to walk it in...
Skywest, Jan 6th class date, interviewed 11/19 with ~2300/950.
All but 50 of my ME is 135.

Good luck, Philip

Interviewed with Colgan Air and ACA beginning of August 02.
Had 1500/500 multi. All instructing. 4 year ERAU degree. Had resume walked in at ACA, not walked in at colgan. Didn't get ACA, started colgan in sept and now have 100 turbine already. Haven't done reserve yet. So far i am happy ACA said no, swimming in that pool would suck, and colgan is now talking about upgrade with only 500 hours in type. We'll see what i think in a few years.

Had a phone interview with Ram Air Freight in april 02. Faxed a resume with 1200/260 multi. Assistant cheif pilot called me up and said i needed to work there, cause i wouldn't be competitive otherwise as an instructor. I would have to fly a lance for the first 4-5 months. I turned him down, logged another few hundred multi as a MEI, now have a 121 job, and i am still laughing at him. He said if i ever feel like i need more 135 time to call him, (sarcastically). Everything is a gamble though in this business.

Interview times

If this might help, I had my first commuter interview twelve years ago with my ATP and approximately 2800 total and 635 multi in my logbooks. All instructing and no 135 time.

Recently started at Air Wisconsin (Oct 28). We have 18 people in our class. The class average was 4000 hours. The highest time was 11,000 (121 furloughed) and the lowest was 2400 (135 King Air). Don't recall what the Multi average was but mostly everyone had some sort of 121 Capt time.....I'd guess around 2000 multi/turbine was the average.

Sent resume to ACA over a month ago..no response as of yet.
j

Started with Colgan in September:

1450 TT
210 ME
1300 Something PIC
Flight Instructor and Flying Part 91 Chieftain

Colgan has been pretty good so far. It's better than saying I have a class date somewhere and watching everyone else fly. Maybe that will change but so far so good.

Latest resources

Back