• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mikecanfly

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021126/attu005_1.html
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021126/attu006_1.html
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021126/attu007_1.html

Hey guys, just curious, from previous posts on this board, I was under the assumption that ASA was growing significantly out of DFW. What's up with all the other carriers receiving most of the new routes/flights announced today? (SkyWest into DAB, MLB, etc...no offense to Skywest, just interesting!)

Does/could this have anything to do with the upcoming contract? Or is it just a normal part of Momma Delta's big plan of spreading out the Connection flying around to avoid one airline at each hub?

Thanks for the info.

Mike

Last edited:
Delta wants to expand DCI flying because they make more money of DCI then with mainline. The fact that most of these new routes are going to everyone but ASA has everything with the new contract. When comair went on strike Delta lost a lot of money, their solution; over lap as much as possible with all of DCI, so that if ASA were to strike (although this is VERY unlikely) they would still have coverage. This way no one DCI carrier could shut down a hub like comair did.

Hey guys, just curious, from previous posts on this board, I was under the assumption that ASA was growing significantly out of DFW

I'll tell you what I do know.

1. There was a new hire class filled for Dec 9th. This was thrown together rather quickly and I don't know what prompted it.

2. The January prelims included 20 CPT and 20 FO slots for the 70 seater in DFW. This was not to be expected for another 6 months or so. It was so sudden that the announcement was not even made prior to the prelim awards.

Both of the above occurred immediately after the Delta MEC signed off on the codeshare TA.

Why are
comair and Skywest garnering all the new routes ? My first choice is "contract negotiations," with "who knows ?," following in a close second.

super,

Atlanta Base:

10 FO CRJ200
5 CPT ATR

DFW Base:

20 CPT CRJ700
20 FO CRJ700

5 CPT CRJ200
5 FO CRJ200

10 FO EMB

NOTE: I do not recall if these prelims were released before or after the announcement of the DEC 9 new hire class. If they were released prior then they will not include the additional 20 new hire openings.

bailout,

can you direct me to the post that lists ASA's new flights. I saw the posts-news releases concerning Comair and Sky's new flights but missed ours.

thanks

Latest resources

Back