Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Twotter76

Masterless Samurai
In the wake of the Airtran press release I am left to ponder my tenuous status as a lineholder here - however as I was reading the press release one part jumps out at me -

"Air Wisconsin has enjoyed the relationship with AirTran Airways. There are growth opportunities for Air Wisconsin with another airline partner, and we are looking forward to re-deploying these regional jets," said Pat Thompson, executive vice president of Air Wisconsin Airline Corp.

I don't think that we are talking about the big U here but I cannot substantiate it. There has been too much hiring going on here in the last few months for me to believe there is not something else in the works. And I doubt very seriously that the termination of the Airtran flying came as a total shock to our management. I have my own theories as to who we could concievably codeshare for but I would like to hear some thoughts from other people. You can put me down for Las Vegas overnights please.

I read the announcement with mixed feelings.

I commute out of a Jet-Connect city, so I have spent a lot of time on your jumps seats. I have really enjoyed it- without exception, all of your guys have been great. Thanks for the rides, and the laughs . . . I know you guys will miss my Hank Hill imitations, too, I'll tell yuh whut.

From a commuting/non-revving viewpoint, when my city goes back to all 717, it will make it more of a "sure thing" to get to work (2 j/s available, plus many more cabin seats) but the frequency will probably be reduced from 5 to 3 or 4, which means doing more "hard time on Cellblock C".

Anyway, guys, I wish you all the best. I hope there is a smooth transition to whatever else your mgmnt has lined up, if it's western skies, well, the West is the best.

Last edited:
LAS Overnights?

Hmmm, Frontier and Alaska already have Horizon...

American has Eagle

United and Delta have Skywest...

America West has Mesa...hard to beat their price....

Northwest? But where would they serve LAS from? Probably MSP...guess the packed -300's don't cut it. :D

Who else is left?

"Air Wisconsin has enjoyed the relationship with AirTran Airways. There are growth opportunities for Air Wisconsin with another airline partner, and we are looking forward to re-deploying these regional jets," said Pat Thompson, executive vice president of Air Wisconsin Airline Corp.

I'd like to read into this as well, but it's pretty straight forward....he says that we are looking forward to re-deploying the jets with another airline partner. We've already been told the jets are going to United. I think it might have just been PC to not use United's name in an AirTran press release. Yes I'm disappointed.......it still hasn't sank in that in coming months my airplane will be painted U colors and I will soon find myself flying into ORD and IAD......heaven forbid venturing out of the south beside the occational MLI, BMI, MKE flight. I will truely miss operating for AirTran and doing turns out of the ATL. On the bright side no furloughs look to be on the horizion, we maintain fleet size, and the Atlanta base is being retained ( we will just feed into the hubs kinda like Mesaba does out of CVG, and we do out of Appleton with the BAC Jets). Eggs all in one basket again.........hopefully it doesn't stay that way, I agree. AD

Twotter

-I think you were reading a bit too much into the press release, which basically tries to put a positive spin to everything despite the end of the Air Tran JetConnect arrangement. Basically reading between the lines, I'd suspect AWAC mgmt working behind the scenes to try and ensure the CRJs go to their United Express side - in a few days I'm sure we'll here something on this.

Regards,

JTrain

Well put Jtrain!!

I hate to see the Air Tran deal go away and yes I agree that putting eggs into one basket kinda stinks but in the end I think it is important short term that the 10 airplanes find a home rather than furlough 200 pilots. That should be #1!!!

My 2 cents...

TY Webb,

Thanks for the posting!! AirTran treated AWAC very well and the southern hospitality will be missed for sure!!

Tailwinds

When I was with Air Wisc, I did the first month of ops out of ATL to MKE and the Airtran personel were outstanding. I really hate to see what AWAC is reducing it'self to, in fact it's somewhat painful. I hope the three knuckelheads in ATW aren't planning to sell to mesa but it sure looks like that type of environment.

All the best to the pilot group over there. Hope this thing turns out good for you!!

WD.

All the eggs in one basket sucks, where's the Easter Bunny? On the flipside, UAL told, not asked from what I hear, to tell us to put 1 more hour on each aircraft each day. Thats about 2000 more hours each month, which equates to one more day off for me on the seniority list. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I like sleeping around, hopefully management will get into some more beds.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back