NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captain dad

Does anyone have speeds and power settings for the citation II simulator. I am trying to get as much info as possible before the interview.

Also trying to decide on a base. Which one has most choice of aircraft selection, most junior, etc... I am picking between LAX, CMH,DAL. Location and cost of living not being considered.

Thanks

you can go to aviationinterviews.com and get all that. The check list they give you the night before has speeds and approximate power settings. They also give you a 30-45 minute brief that first night.

Good luck

What does aircraft selection depend on? How do I get one aircraft as opposed to another? Is it a bid or is it luck of the draw?

Last edited:
I interviewed about 2 weeks ago, and everyone that was offered a job that week for DAL was given the choice of the Ultra or the XL. The same offer was made everyone regardless of previous experience.

At least 1/3 of the newhire slots this year and probably next also are in the Excel/XLS since we are getting more of those than any others and it is the biggest fleet. Mostly it is luck of the draw as to what you get assigned or get to choose from since it all depends on what slots they need to fill at any particular time. Since so many FOs from all the fleets are bidding into captain slots there are seats for newhires in almost everything except the 2000EZ, G-IVs, and BBJ. They are trying to keep the numbers balanced between the 5 domiciles as best they can so it probably won't matter so much where you are domiciled for what airplane you get since most people will end up airlining to the airplane anyway (all the Ultras and Excels are not going to Dallas- just those were the slots that needed to be hired into when they brought in a bunch of pilots for Dallas). At the beginning of the year when I was hired they put some very experienced retired airline pilots in the Falcon 2000 and they also put some in the Excel. They put some of the least experienced pilots into the Falcon and the Excel at the same time also.

Last edited:
a/c selection and seniority do not come into the equation when it deals with your domicile.

I think it does a little. For example if a new hire wants the Falcon 2000, the domicile available might only be PBI. Buf if they new hire wants the 560XL, it might be available at PBI, DAL, and TEB. so then he'd have his choice between the 3.

I interviewed about two weeks ago. I was offered the XL, Ultra, or G200 out of Dallas. I took the G200. The added benefit of the G200 being that training is at flight safety only 25 minutes from my house north of Dallas.

I am so excited.....

By the way, I have had my stuff in since January at the Air inc conference at DFW. I deferred an interview chance for LAX in May.

Are they back into hiring for the Ultra, or is it the Encore?

They are hiring into the Encore. A friend of mine just completed aircraft training and should start IOE soon. As for the Ultra, from what I heard in recurrent, they haven't had the exodus out of the Ultra that they anticipated. Plus, they are keeping about 2 Ultras on the used market at any given time, so it doesn't look like too much Ultra hiring for a while.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back