NetJets Where to live

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

j3pup2

Can any NetJets guys explain to me the benefits of living within 100 miles of your base? I live 150 miles and would really like to work there.

The current contract requires you to be within 100 miles or 3 hours driving time - whichever is closer - at midnight on your first day of duty each tour. Most of us use 100 NM straightline to determine it. If you are outside of that, you run the risk of getting terminated if they have a short lead time brief for you. Lots of guys just get a hotel room for the night.

lots of guys live outside the 100 mile limit and do just fine.
depends on your tolerance for risk.
u can always dnif if you can't make it in time.

Are new hires still getting to pick from the current Gateways? Or are they only allowed to chose from the ones in the most recent proposals? Also, what cities were in the proposals?

I'm basically wondering if a New Hire could pick either Chicago or Phoenix and have a decent chance of staying in either.

Also, whats the odds of getting looked at with 2500 TT, 1000 ME, and a little over 400 Turbine PIC (C208)?

Thanks for the info.
(And yes, I have read all the negative posts, but I do think, anyway you look at it, its still better than a regional.....)

With the hiring situation right now, your odds are pretty good.

You can choose from ANY of the gateways you want. There are no seniority issues or limitations. If you are hired, you choose the gateway you want, period.

any newhire can pick whatever they wish. It's not senority. you just tell them chicago or phoenix or choose one every other month. That's what I did for a long time. Florida for 6 months. Boston for the other 6 or until it snowed.

Right now i'd say with your time. 2500tt they would take you in a heart beat. I mean so quick your head would spin.

If you want more info pm me. The last class of interviewees were offered jobs before the interview started. The interview was on x day and the job was 4 days after the inteveiew.

Latest resources

Back