NetJets upgrade time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AviatorTim

NetJets HR claims it take 18-24 months to upgrade at NetJets. Can any current NetJets pilots comment if that is accurate? Has anyone been longer than that who wants to upgrade but cannot?

Tim

No thats not accurate. Id say 3 years now BUT it could come down with more planes and several of our over age 60 pilots leaving. Either way its a while if one is hired today.

You know Griz, with the industry leading contract were going to get so many people will quit that upgrade time could change.

Just a though.....70K after 5 years, gee how'd we get so lucky.....

Isn't it just thrilling to know that NJA has been in negotiations for more than 3 years to receive a $9000.00 pay raise per year after 5 years of service? That's a whole $750/month extra you will get to see on those paychecks and have to give up many of the gateways in existance. I have heard NetJoke was broke, but they must be really broke if the pilots are giving concessions to the company. I bet the first T/A gets voted down and we will be negotiating for another year at least!

AviatorTim said:
NetJets HR claims it take 18-24 months to upgrade at NetJets. Can any current NetJets pilots comment if that is accurate? Has anyone been longer than that who wants to upgrade but cannot?

Tim
2+ years and counting, still several hundred numbers below the most jr UG in the last round. Who knows? In this business things could change tomorrow.

Last edited:
I just talked with a buddy of mine a few days ago. He was hired in summer of 2002, and says he is 400 numbers away from upgrade. He figures that will be AT LEAST another year.

ALL NEW HIRES 4 TO 5 YEARS MINIMUM !!!! Too many people ahead of you to upgrade...this is a fact and I don't blame Nutjets for this as they cannot control it BUT they sure as hell can control the LIES they are telling the "potential" new hires...DO NOT BELIEVE ANY ESTIMATE UNDER 3 YEARS...but I would be prepared to hold my breath for at least FIVE YEARS for ANY new-hires to upgrade ! JUST SAY NO !

Telling newhires that upgrades are 4-5 years might be as much garbage as telling them 1 year.

A lot of guys are stuck without an upgrade because of the reduction of a/c deliveries and hiring. I agree that they shouldn't be telling bogus info to newhires. I guess that's what happens when they take the pilots off the hiring panel.:confused:

The guys hired in the last two years haven't seen the explosive grown that can happen. It may well be 5 years to upgrade, or it could change in a year.

At one point, we were taking delivery of 1 airplane every 6 days. There were capt bids going out for 20-50 pilots at a time. While still hiring 50-60 pilots per month to boot. IF we see that kind of growth again with the 400XP, Sovereign and G150, 300 of those guys will get their upgrade pretty fast. We still have orders out there for over 1000 total aircraft. We only have 330 in CMH.

Why is upgrade time that important anyway? If you compare upgrade times to the airlines, 4 years is a breeze. Try 9-15+ years as an FO. The only reason I can see is for people to get their 1000 PIC turbine to jump ship.

Last edited:
I heard on Imus the other morning on one of his commercials for his buddy RS that every NetJets Aircraft is piloted by 2 Captains. I undersdtand that all pilots are typed but either they should change the langauge or pay both as Captains. That FO pay is pathetic (as is the Captains for that matter).:mad:

Latest resources

Back