NetJets Retirement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

From what I have read, Netjets offers $.50 on the dollar for 401k. For example, if you maxed out at $15,500 for the year, then they match $7750, for a grand total of $23250 per year.

Is this how it works? Also, do they offer the new Roth 401K?

Thanks

From what I have read, Netjets offers $.50 on the dollar for 401k. For example, if you maxed out at $15,500 for the year, then they match $7750, for a grand total of $23250 per year.

Is this how it works? Also, do they offer the new Roth 401K?

You're correct, and yes, we started offering the Roth 401K this year.

That's great. I haven't heard anthing bad about NetJets. Would you know at what age the oldies are flying till? I don't imagine seniority moves based on attrition, but mostly on growth. What are the long term outlooks on aircraft orders?

Thanks!

If you choose the Roth 401K, the same dollar limit applies. In other words, you can't put $15,500 in the 401K and $15,500 in the Roth 401K. You can open both accounts, but your TOTAL contribution for the year cannot exceed the current legal limit ($15,500 or $20,500 for those of catch-up age). I wish you could do both to the $15,500 limit.

We have a lot of guys who retired out of the airlines and keep on truckin'. There are a lot of guys flying in their 60s here that eventually will retire, but nobody knows when that will be- probably later rather than sooner since a lot of those guys are here because their pensions were raped and they need the money.

That's great. I haven't heard anthing bad about NetJets. Would you know at what age the oldies are flying till? I don't imagine seniority moves based on attrition, but mostly on growth. What are the long term outlooks on aircraft orders?

Thanks!

IFLYASA,

Check out the following link for future aircraft orders, salaries, etc. I am not sure what the net gain in aircraft will be because Netjets disposes of older jets. Look at the bullet points at the top of the page:

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/fractional/netjets.html

I am sure Netjets would be a big step-up from ASA and most majors. Starting salary of around $60K (depending upon your schedule) and 100 domiciles to choose from - not bad.

Would you know at what age the oldies are flying till? quote]

There are several pilots here that speak fondly of FDR and remember when the fastest airplane was the P-51. We have some that remember when the FAA was called the CAA. These guys have socks older than me. I don't mean to say they are old, but some of these guys had their first date on horse back. I don't mean to say their old but when they talk about "the financial down turn", you have to question whether they mean the last recession or the great depression.

They be OLD!!!

LOL you old codgers.
:laugh:

Last edited:
For the more seasoned aviators, NJA is 50% matching via end of year "true-up" the over 50 401K contributions starting in plan year 2008. For those eligible, that is an additional $2,500 from the Company.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back