Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
at 1000 he'd be lucky to hold 7n7 in the ultra

he's pretty far down the line also on vacation choices

Also what type of QOL is there in the Uboat?

Interesting info. Has Netjets actually taken delivery of the airplane?

Live4flyng said:
What are you talking about? A bit late? It's serial number 13, you can't take delivery of an airplane that hasn't been built yet. I guess we are a week behind C/S on the Sovereign, too late! Send it back!!!

yup and it was flying today.

Yeah, it's working out really welll. The interest in the Sovereign is intense. I haven't seen it like this since the Xs came on!

On Your Six said:
How likely would it be for a current Netjets FO to bid the FO position on the Sovereign vs. trying to get to the left hand seat of a Beechjet or Encore? Anyone know if the Sovereign is a high bid internally - are people chompin' at the bit to fly it? Looks like a nice airplane but I would imagine that the legs will be longer and maybe the Excel with its shorter legs would be preferrable?

I guess you could always choose, seniority permitting, to fly the X instead of the Sovereign and fly faster and higher...
Actually, a new hire FO is type locked for 24 months. He/she could not bid FO in anything unless seat locks were waived. Also, even if they could bid FO in another airplane, they would be locked as FO in that new plane for 24 months and would not be eligible for PIC bypass pay during that time.

Not a smart move, even if it were possible.

Heavy Set said:
I can't believe that a X Captain would choose to return to the Ultra as a Captain... Would it be a QOL issue on the X? Why do that?
I was hired into the Ultra in October and during my sim training in Nov, there was indeed an X captain in class with us. He said his reason for moving from the X to the Ultra was QOL. He wants to hold a 7-n-7 schedule. I can't remember what his seniority number is, but he's been with NJA about 5 years.

Latest resources

Back