Netjets rampin' up on Sovereigns...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

A very wealthy friend of mine told me he just received an email highlighting a show-and-tell Sovereign demo for prospects toward the end of the month. Sounds like Netjets is starting to ramp up its Sovereign selling - a bit late though given the success of the CL300 for Flexjet and the intro of the Sovereign at CS. I suppose Netjets already has a big, current customer base from which to draw upgrades to the Sovereign.

Anyone know if Netjets will hire into the Sovereign or if it is a hot bid at the moment with few openings for newbies? Looks like a nice bird.

I don't know about the sovereign, but I saw one of netjet's beechjets for the first time the other day in KMEM. It was very nice and Being an options guy it kind of freaked me out a little about what may be in store for us.

On Your Six said:
A very wealthy friend of mine told me he just received an email highlighting a show-and-tell Sovereign demo for prospects toward the end of the month. Sounds like Netjets is starting to ramp up its Sovereign selling - a bit late though given the success of the CL300 for Flexjet and the intro of the Sovereign at CS. I suppose Netjets already has a big, current customer base from which to draw upgrades to the Sovereign.

Anyone know if Netjets will hire into the Sovereign or if it is a hot bid at the moment with few openings for newbies? Looks like a nice bird.
What are you talking about? A bit late? It's serial number 13, you can't take delivery of an airplane that hasn't been built yet. I guess we are a week behind C/S on the Sovereign, too late! Send it back!!!

NetJets hires into whatever planes they have openings in for training. The openings on the Sovereign will be posted to the pilot group first before being assigned to new-hires.

How likely would it be for a current Netjets FO to bid the FO position on the Sovereign vs. trying to get to the left hand seat of a Beechjet or Encore? Anyone know if the Sovereign is a high bid internally - are people chompin' at the bit to fly it? Looks like a nice airplane but I would imagine that the legs will be longer and maybe the Excel with its shorter legs would be preferrable?

I guess you could always choose, seniority permitting, to fly the X instead of the Sovereign and fly faster and higher...

On Your Six said:
How likely would it be for a current Netjets FO to bid the FO position on the Sovereign vs. trying to get to the left hand seat of a Beechjet or Encore?
The only FO bid posted that has had ANY bidders is the BBJ. No-one has bid for an FO in anything else. Even the left seat in the MitsuBeechjet has gone somewhat senior. But a junior guy/girl could bid and receive a Sovereign FO slot.

On Your Six said:
Anyone know if the Sovereign is a high bid internally - are people chompin' at the bit to fly it?
People are chompin’ at the bit to get the left seat of anything. It has gone senior so far. C680 PICs have been in the #100s-600s. (Out of 1900!)

On Your Six said:
Looks like a nice airplane but I would imagine that the legs will be longer and maybe the Excel with its shorter legs would be preferable?
The Excel is a very popular bid now. The latest bids for XL PIC went in the #300s-1100s. People have bid from DA2000 PIC/SIC and X PIC/SIC to be XL PIC.
On Your Six said:
I guess you could always choose, seniority permitting, to fly the X instead of the Sovereign and fly faster and higher.
Most X SICs are bidding out to get a left seat. Most are less than #500.

650 driver said:
Sad......................27,000 k a year for a type Rated Sovereign pilot.
Fukcn-a right Bro!

For the life of me, I cannot understand why someone would come here! The left seat is so far away...its imposible to predict when one might upgrade here. Hell, the one and only Ultr captain bid to come out in TWO YEARS went to a high seniority FO and a X Captain around 1000!!!! A F'n X captain!

As long as guys keep collecting types....the upgrades are non existant here at good old nutjets.

Go to sky west!
Drive a limo! Same job and you don't have to clean lav's.

I can't believe that a X Captain would choose to return to the Ultra as a Captain... Would it be a QOL issue on the X? Why do that?

When you refer to $27K, I presume that you are not including per diem or any extra flying - although I am sure that wouldn't bump you too much higher up. Not good regardless.

How's the Citation VII fleet in terms of QOL and utilization? Is it still providing some good downtime for its pilots?

Latest resources

Back