• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets posts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup. As Mobie implied, people can now get sick of "Domiciles" and leave without consequece. Home Basing will be a self-correcting issue as long as they have recruiting/retention problems.

NJA would've sunk under the weight of idiocy were it not for the bouyant piles of money it floats on.

Getting in late on this one. If someone can set me straight please. As of today NetJets allows there pilots to live in anyone of 25gateway cities. Seattle being one of them. So the T/A passes I assume all current pilots living in SEA or any of the 20 cities on the current list of gate ways will be grandfathered in, or will they have to pick one of the 5 remaining cities to call home?

I just don’t see how they think they can drop so many recruiting cities and still be able to hire enough qualified pilots? It is 1200 miles to LAX from SEA.

As a burnt out regional commuter this is a real downer for someone who has been eyeing NJA for a while as a way to be based at home.

It is easy for the airlines to get people they just make them commute on there own time.

othello said:
As a burnt out regional commuter this is a real downer for someone who has been eyeing NJA for a while as a way to be based at home.

Yes, I had been looking too, but this is a deal breaker. I'm not moving again! Too bad, that was one of NJA's best features :(

All current pilots will be grandfathered for the use of homebasing - the gateways will be reduced to the five that you mentioned. So if you live in SEA now you could use it as an HBA assuming that you were on property before the TA was ratified.

Want to work for NJA and fly from home as a new hire?

HERE is how you MIGHT be able to fix it. Interview with NJA, when offered a job say you'll take it IF you can fly from home. They'll politely decline your offer. Ask them to keep your packet in the accepted stack and that you need to think about it. Follow up in a week with a snail mailed, registered letter to hiring making the same request. After a few of these letters start to accumulate, VIOLA! you guys and gals will be flying from home. How do I know this will work?

Because that's basically how we got gateway cities in the first place.

Times a wastin'.....set up your interviews NOW.

*somewhat off-topic question. my apologies*

is there a difference in the aircraft available at the different bases? will TEB have bigger, better airplanes (meaning more senior pilots and, thusly, better pay) then CMH or are all the bases on an even playing field? the CJ2 pilots can live in the same city as the Gulfstream pilots? (just using those 2 as an example of the disparity in aircraft complexity. i have no idea if NJ has either of those planes)

cforst513 said:
*somewhat off-topic question. my apologies*

is there a difference in the aircraft available at the different bases? will TEB have bigger, better airplanes (meaning more senior pilots and, thusly, better pay) then CMH or are all the bases on an even playing field? the CJ2 pilots can live in the same city as the Gulfstream pilots? (just using those 2 as an example of the disparity in aircraft complexity. i have no idea if NJ has either of those planes)
Your home basing airport will not matter. The company airlines you to meet up with your aircraft, whatever fleet catagory (weight) you're in. Netjets does not have CJs, the new contract (if passed) will allow NJA pilots to bid into the NJI Gulfstream fleet on a limited basis.

So if the company flys you to your airplane anyway, why do they want to pick your domicile from the five? As I understand it, they pick one of the five as a domicile for you. Is this correct?

911lil said:
So if the company flys you to your airplane anyway, why do they want to pick your domicile from the five? As I understand it, they pick one of the five as a domicile for you. Is this correct?

Yes that is correct. It makes little sense, and has not made sense for years. But this is what the wanted.

Latest resources

Back