NetJets Pilots, been to KPWK?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VampyreGTX

Just wondering if any of you NetJets pilots have been to KPWK in Chicago? Primarily stopping at North American Jet. Just curious if I've actually run into any of you and not known since I work line there currently.

yeah we go there a ton. I have a lot of history with them. Great guys. Also had a blast with the guys up at North American in Kenosha for the warbirds flyin. One of the line guys had a beutiful 150. Excellent service, really good guys. That's why it's our number 1.

Hey, I know the guy with the 150 your talking about. I'm with NetJets also and was up in Kenosha on a round about trip to Oshkosh (not for NetJets) and met him there. He gave us the grand tour of the Gulfstreams that are based there and of some T-28's that were there practicing for the show. Super nice guy! We had a snag with a rental car when we first got there late at night and had to get a taxi to my inlaws, but North American recovered nicely by sending some guys out the next morning to personally deliver the car to our door. Now that's service!

yeah i was up there with the t28's crews getting ready for oshkosh. It's kind of our pre show before the big show. The guy with the 150 knows i worked for nja. We had a really good time. made sure all the line guys got rides in the 28's.

At least the temperature wasn't as bad as last year.

I am with NetJets.
Would definitely like to go to a Cubs or White Sox game if in PWK. Can I get there using the train??? How long/far?

Im NetJets also, I was there about a month ago, when i hit 4 of the airports in the area in 2days

flexpilot said:
I am with NetJets.
Would definitely like to go to a Cubs or White Sox game if in PWK. Can I get there using the train??? How long/far?

Via public transportation, for the Cubs:
Take the PACE 272 bus south to Golf Mill Mall, switch to the PACE 270 bus to Jefferson Park. From there you can catch the CTA Blue Line train and take that 'east' to the Addison exit. Finally, there you would catch the CTA Addison 152 bus that let's off right at Wrigley.

Another route is to take a Metra train into downtown, then either walk or catch a CTA bus to the CTA red line subway and take that north which stops right at the park.

For the Sox:
Either that same as the cubs up to the Jefferson park part. From there you would take the Blue Line to downtown where you can switch over to the redline and take the redline south and get off at the Comiskey (US Cellular field stop) or take the Metra into downtown and take the redline south.

How long this would take from PWK I'm not sure. When I used to take the Metra in to downtown for work from about 2/3 the distance that PWK was, it took about 25 minutes. If you do the bus route to jeff park, I'd say 30 minutes to get to Jefferson park and then maybe another 15 minutes after that to get to the stadium for the Cubs, and about 30 minutes to reach Sox park.

Latest resources

Back