Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reciprocity

Dogg,

I understand your point about reciprocity, and it is valid. But what do you mean by: "lots of people are using the jump seat for other than personal use"? Frax operators purchase tix for pilots on crew movements. In my experience, I've seen "the little scheduled 207/ navajo operators (etc)" use jumpseating to and from work, it this what you mean? This is not a condemnation, just an observation. The only time I jumpseated to get home (pre-9/11) was when the flight was full and the jumpseat was available. I would have gladly NOT cancelled my tix, but the gate agent insisted. Actually, I would have preferred it, since I didn't get my FF miles!

I used to work for a fractional company. We were told that jumpseating on 121 Carriers was not recommended due to the fact that we had no way to reciprocate. That truly is the dividing line. If you cannot due a pilot a favor in reverse (scheduled, not guesswork) than I would suggest leaving the airlines j/s to fellow airline pilots. You are lucky enough to have companies to buy your tickets. Use those tickets, it gives you a positve space seat. If you wish to ride an airline jumpseat, get an airline job. I would not think of asking a fractional for a ride. Especially since you never know when they will be going where you need to go.

dogg said:
Dudes, it all comes down to this......you have nothing to offer in return..... that is why the little scheduled 207/ navajo operators have full blown "reciprocal" deals and you guys never will. Nothing personal, but you can't offer me a ride anywhere and it just gets old, escpecially when lots of people are using the jump seat for other than personal use...We are not all in this together, sorry.........

Sorry Dogg...but at my airline, at least one of the fractionals is on our reciprocal list. They have ridden our jumpseats many times, and we are happy to have them.

You seem to be the one that has the problem with this, and the one who is "not all in this together".

dogg said:
....you have nothing to offer in return..... that is why the little scheduled 207/ navajo operators have full blown "reciprocal" deals and you guys never will.
Uh, Dude....Talk about nothing to offer. I doubt there are many "major" 121 pilots chomping at the bit to jumpseat on a Navajo or a 207. Get real.

dogg said:
....you have nothing to offer in return.
Tell that to the 8 Northwest flight attendants that one of our planes took back to DTW during a strike a few years ago.

Originally posted by dogg We are not all in this together, sorry.........
Gee, what a gem. Try that one on at your next job interview.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back