• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Interview Sim Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have an upcoming NetJet interview and wanted to get the gouge on the Sim portion of the interview. Aviationinterviews.com is charging now and only lets you look at the first few post on there. Anyway..... Any sim info would be very much appreciated. What approaches? Which plates you used? What type of hold you did? And overall sim ride from start to finish.
Thanks in advance for the help!

Try the search function on here, too. This question has been asked before, so you should be able to find some info here.

Basically, make sure your scan is good and that you can shoot a raw-data instrument approach.

Sim is Willmington DE. Runway hdg to 4000, climbing turn left or right to 6000. Turn in the other direction to follow. Steep Turns, 360 degree turns in each direction. Direct to the LOM for the ILS hold as published. Two turns in holding then cleared for the ILS. Weather is 300 over and 2 sm if I remember correctly.

Most people fly from the left seat, it has the old round guages and pitch trim on the yoke. The right is glass, same PFD as in the EMB 145 but no pitch trim, you have to use the wheel which is just to the left of your knee. I flew from the right side. The only thing I didn't like was I had to set my own heading bug. It doesn't seem like a big deal until you look away from the sim. It has no motion and can get away from you quickly.

It is not very hard if you are IFR current. Remember that they are looking for CRM just as much as flying skills. You will need both so don't be a bump on a log when the other guy is flying. Best of luck and I hope this helps.

Did the interview about 2 months ago.

My best analysis on the sim portion is BAI (Basic Attitude Instrument) flying. Pitch and power. Brief the thing on the ground- be very open and personable with your sim partner. When briefing before YOUR flight, talk about all the stuff you need to discuss, ask him if he has anything to add, etc. Include your sim partner- take control, lighten the mood of the whole event, SET THE TONE with your brief and personality on the ground. From there- BAI. It really is that simple. Just be VERY light on the controls. Remember that rotation, getting the sim "unstuck," takes significant more back pressure (which is actually a lot like the real thing in my opninion.) When you get the bird in the air, set pitch and power, make 1-2 degree adjustments at a time on the ATTITUDE indicator, then monitor everything else as you normally do. The attitude indicator is very sensitive and reliable in that sim (I used the left seat, steam guage side).

Anyway, hope that helps someone. Relax, set the tone, pitch+power equals performance. Side note: the lateral stability (roll) is pretty good.

Good luck to everyone- I have never been happier with a job in my life.

-Fly

Latest resources

Back