• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Internship

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. I don't know if they limit it to students from particular colleges or not, but I know that Ohio University sends several students there each year. Minimum requirements are Commercial Multi and Instrument; they prefer instructor experience. The people I have known that have taken the internship have thought it a worthwhile experience.

The only internships I have heard of are in the office. Customer service kind of stuff.

I think "groundpointsix" was referring to was to the flight school. We have instructors for the employee flight school that fly late model 172s and a Cirrus SR22.

But nothing around the jets if that's what you are wondering.

I too have been trying to get info on an internship with netjets. I spoke with a recruiter about a month ago about it and there is one. What you do is mainly office work but i've heard that they are working on jumpseat privlidges for interns. SHoot a resume and e-mail over there no matter what you've got now and check the response.
Over at OSU friday i was talking with an older guy that said just about all the OSU students go knocking on Netjets door. Why not me or you also!
Good luck to ya.

interesting. :eek: Seems like something harmless at first glance...

jumpseat privileges??? you've got to be kidding!!! even those of us that work here don't have jumpseat privileges.

Maybe they meant "jumpseat privileges" on NJA aircraft? In other words, riding along on deadhead legs. No airline would let an intern from a non-related company, in a non flying position, jumpseat.

Ohio University has an internship program set up with Netjets. The primary goal of the internship is to allow students to get a good understanding of the company and how it operates.

The main reason OU has it is because many of the program managers, pilots, office personnel, and even the Director of Ops are Ohio University graduates.

NJA Capt, As for being around the jets, I spent lots of time in and around them. I was fortunate to observe training flights in nearly every type of aircraft in the fleet except the BBJ, Citation VII, and Hawker 1000. However, the majority of my time was spent in the office working on all different kinds of office projects.

I learned more than I could imagine and although I'd like to try my hand at airline flying, I'd still love to work for NJ. There are a lot of good people there and I certainly had a great time.

As for you guys with other schools, I don't think there is much opportunity to do an internship. (In operations anyway) OU pretty much has interns booked for the next year or so. You can always ask though.

BTW, although the internship certainly helps the prospect of getting a job a few years from now, the minimums do not change and the 2500/500 are still required.

Latest resources

Back