• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bushpilot29

Job title: Crew Services, Dispatcher
Department: Crew Services
Reports to: Tactical Manager, Crew Services

SUMMARY
The primary function of this position is to provide NetJets flight crews with safe and timely Flight-Planning and Flight-Release information for all required NetJets flight-operations and in compliance with all FAA and regulatory requirements. Our intended flights within the National Airspace are communicated by filing flight plans daily with ATC. Our fleet consists of several different aircraft models in the U.S. fleet. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned as needed by the Flight Center Leadership Team. This person will also be expected to adhere to and promote NetJets’ Vision, Mission and Values.

KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

· Provides the highest level of service and safety for all Flight Crews, owners and employees.
· Identifies ways to integrate process improvement and efficiencies for various job functions.
· Anticipates and proactively takes action to deal with future trip/dispatch events, situations, and opportunities.
· Assesses departure/arrival weather to determine trip feasibility.
· Creates flight-plans to include routing, weight & balance, and aircraft performance.
· Communicates with and alter aircraft destinations as necessary.
· Files flight-plans with the Air Traffic Control System.

Communicator / Relationship Builder

· Works effectively with internal and external customers as well as peers to provide a superior air transportation experience to our Flight Crews and Owners.
· Proactively understands the customer (internal and external) needs and responds with options to ensure the needs are met.
· Uses communication skills to effectively convey information to internal and external customers.
· Communicate/interact with Crews, Program Managers, Scheduling, Crew Services, and Owner Services as needed to produce safe, timely flight-planning and filing services.

Process Owner
· Evaluate weather, route, weight/balance and performance for all required NetJets flight operations and generate a Master Flight Document and Flight Release in accordance with NetJets and FAA requirements.
· Actively flight follows trips from departure, during en-route, and aircraft arrival to the destination.
· Anticipates and proactively takes action to deal with future events, situations, and opportunities.
· Monitor weather across all aspects of trips assigned. Adjust routes, destinations, and fuel stops as necessary.

OUTCOMES AND DELIVERABLES

· Error free Flight-Planning, filing and execution.
· Proactive flight following.
· Timely and accurate communication.
· Eliminate unnecessary costs.
· On-time departures.
· Control preventable errors.

SIGNIFICANT INTERFACES / PARTNERS

· Flight Crews
· Owner Services
· Flight Support
· Flight Scheduling
· Operations
· Crew Services
· Flight Operations
· Maintenance/Security
· International Flight Planning
· Flight Safety International

BIGGEST CHALLENGES

· Must be flexible to work on an as needed basis and available 24 hours a day.
· Must be able to adapt to change on a constant basis.
· Must make decisions that do not compromise safety while understanding the internal and external customer needs.

QUALIFICATIONS

The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.

EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE

· Must possess a FAA Part 121 Airline Dispatchers license.
· Thorough knowledge of weather theory, charts, and reports in the METAR format.
· Must have knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, with an emphasis on Parts 91 and 135.
· PREFERRED: Bachelor degree with Aviation major preferred. Pilot certificates.
· Internship or prior work experience with an airline, FBO, flight department or airport.

OPERATIONAL DEMANDS

The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be flexible to work on an as needed basis and available 24 hours a day. Frequent Travel is required.

If interested submit resumes to [email protected]

When I interviewed there a few years ago the starting pay was $35K and the health benefits were awesome...practically free. I think it's still this way. I think last I heard they may start at $37K now.....but I've done 135 dispatching....I don't like it...it's not very satisfying in my opinion because all you do is hit buttons and crank out tons of releases....no real decision making at all. They want you to have a license so it can look good to clients, but it doesn't really mean anything.

From what I hear BGAVIATOR is pretty much right on. I know a few who worked there and left to go 121. They said it was "ok".

anyone know if they are currently, or soon going to be hiring for Customer Reps? I know someone who would like to get on there.

Latest resources

Back