Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets IBB 18 day schedule, 4 on 3 off?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only seat grab happening will be NJI SICs grabbing NJA PIC openings if the VSL holds true and some tall fences aren't in place.

I think roterhead was talking about an SIC seat grab in the DA-2000, which is less than 40,000 LBS, thinking it would be a pay raise from the 560 he's in. There would be no raise though, unless his seniority will hold DA-2EASy FO, it's greater than 40,000 LBS and would be a pay raise.

Well that's a bunch of BS NJI copilots taking our PIC slots.. we need an iron fist to make sure that doesn't happen!!

Last edited:
Well that's a bunch of BS NJI copilots taking our PIC slots.. we need an iron fist to make sure that doesn't happen!!

I really don't think this is something to get wrapped around the axle about. If NJI comes over and after the fences come down, of course some of their FOs are going to grab some capts slots, hell I would.

However that being said, first of all it would be perfectly within their seniority rights and secondly look at the number of AC that are ordered. If you are on property now and are already in the left seat, there really isn't much to worry about, you will be flying whatever makes you happy.

This isn't about keeping our guys out, it is about becoming a even bigger fractional player.

RNO,

How many people do you think will volunteer to fly 18 days?

I think there will be a decrease from the number on Reserve.

The Pay difference between todays 7&7 and reserve pay is aprrox the same as the difference between the TA 7&7 and 18 day Fixed

So if people are not motivated to fly Reserve (with the much more advantageous HH day system), why would they bid a fixed schedule?

Additionally, some current Reservists will choose to work the 15 day FLEX.

RNO,

How many people do you think will volunteer to fly 18 days?

I think there will be a decrease from the number on Reserve.

The Pay difference between todays 7&7 and reserve pay is aprrox the same as the difference between the TA 7&7 and 18 day Fixed

So if people are not motivated to fly Reserve (with the much more advantageous HH day system), why would they bid a fixed schedule?

Additionally, some current Reservists will choose to work the 15 day FLEX.

I do think the number of 18 day guys will go down. Plus with the 15 day option, it will probably go down even more. Time will tell. I will fly it just to give it a try, but if they screw me over, I'm gone. The 15 day isn't going to be as senior as people think, it will be all over the senority list like the reserve is in my fleet.

The point I was trying to make to NJA bound is not to bitch about something that MAY happen and you can't control anyway. The wheels are set in motion nothing you can do about it.

I think you could get a lot of people on the 18 day schedule if you:

Start day one at 1000 local and get home on Day 6 at 1400L.

This is an achievable goal because one crew on 6/4 will be on day 6 while another is starting on day one... They simply hand over the plane in the middle of the day.

No need for an early 1st day start or late day 6 go home.

Im just starting out at NJ but you can count on me staying on the 18 day until he!! Freezes over. The last place I was at had me working over 300 days a year so 216 a year is like a vacation, I wouldn’t know what to do with myself only working half the year.

Latest resources

Back