• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fracman

NetJets Canceling Orders

From yesterdays Wichita Eagle:

NetJets cuts some Cessna orders and delays others
BY MOLLY MCMILLIN
The Wichita Eagle

Cessna Aircraft Co.' s largest customer -- NetJets -- has canceled some of the aircraft orders it had with the Wichita jetmaker and put off delivery dates of some others.

"We're talking to all the manufacturers regarding when we'll be taking the orders we have," NetJets spokesman Kevin Russell said.

Last edited:
New aircraft for sale, too.

ASO has a new (ferry time only) Hawker XP advertised with a QS number. The broker handles Netjets used aircraft and is showing new aircraft in inventory as of March '03.

With a name like "Fracman," you would think that you would post positive comments about fractional companies rather than negative ones.

With a name like "Fracman," you would think that you would want to be employed by NetJets, the only Fractional company that appears to have the ability and financial backing to survive and succeed long term.

Unfortunatley, it appears that Flexjet, Flight Options and numerous smaller fractional companies will have a very difficult year, even more so than 2002. Several smart, experienced, and educated people who have been in aviation for many years have told me that they think that NetJets may have one or two less competitors by the end of this year. For my job's sake (and your job's sake) I hope they are all wrong.

No matter what the news, I still think that working for NetJets is probably one of the most secure pilots jobs available right now. I am not too proud to fly a smaller and slower plane. I just want to work for a company that won't make me worry about the security of my job every day. Put me in coach, I am ready to play!

Very poorly said, RJL. If you aren't in the game, you can't POSSIBLY know how Flight Options, Flexjet, or Citation Shares is doing financially, or Netjets for that matter. It doesn't matter what you heard from some old opinionated codgers, you might want to keep your statements about other frax to yourself.

I do work for a fractional company right now, just not the one I want to- which is Netjets.

You don't need to be an expert in aviation to see the warning signs- just pick up a newspaper or look at the public financial filing reports. Bombardier (Flexjet) and Raytheon (Flight Options) and Cessna (Citation Shares) are all having major economic problems right now. When these companies look to cut costs and non-profitable business lines, it has been said (by many , including these companies themselves) that the fractional businesses may be a target (or at least several jobs at the fractional companies).

No one ever said that "reality" wasn't scary. It's OK to be concerned about the stability of your company and your job, I just don't want to be nervous or scared.

Last edited:
"With a name like "Fracman," you would think that you would post positive comments about fractional companies rather than negative ones."

Hey - I'm just posting the news as I find it, and topics that I think may be of interest to those who read this board.

As soon as I find some good news that is of value, I'll post that as well.

With a name like "Fracman," you would think that you would post positive comments about fractional companies rather than negative ones.

Why? You sure have been quick to point out negatives that you seem to believe regarding certain companies. You think that NJA is the perfect company? Sorry to disappoint you, but it's not. There is no "perfect" company.

Based on the fact that you are interested in employment at several of the frax, you would think that you would want to keep a little lower profile. Your interests and "information" seems to change day to day. Good luck - you're going to need it.

Wow, RJL

I am losing some respect for you, RJL. I did not think you could be so negative after the quality information you have posted here on the fraction board.

Anyway, on the topic of Net Jet cancelling orders...this is good. This is very good.

Maybe now my favorite potential employer will be able to get more Excels, Soverieigns, and 10's!

Yippeee!

Hey fracman why don't you post the whole article. It explains a lot more than that we are cancelling orders.

I'd post the whole article but our union weboard is down and i'm on dialup so it took me 5 minutes just load this page.

The whole article explains what's really going on.

When you cut and paste certain points the thread looks a little skewed.

Hey gunfyter can u get the thread i'm on the road

Latest resources

Back