Netjets BBJs - Are their days numbered?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

I have heard from a few Netjets pilots that the BBJ numbers have been reduced and that they are totally underutilized. I saw one sitting at LGA for at least 3-4 days - it hadn't moved.

So, what are the currently BBJ pilots doing - are they sitting around or have some been redeployed to other fleets like the Falcon? What is the status of the fleet and how many will likely stay for the future?

Transferring down from the BBJ to the Falcon or other aircraft must be a bit of a downer...

If the BBJs days are numbered then the mathmatical variable is addition. The BBJ program is alive and well and believe it or not 135 ops is the type of flying that is driving the programs success. There may be a future in supplemental 121 ops at NJA for the BBJ as well from what I hear.

That's great news. I hope you guys can ultimately expand your BBJ operation - there certainly is a market out there for it.

Is that something you guys would be interested in if you had the seniority - would you bid for an FO position on the BBJ? How much of the flying is international?

Last edited:
Hey Heavy,

The guys I spoke with were scared to bid it because of the new contact being close to finish. They didn't want to take a chance on New Captains pay being more then F/O pay on the BBJ.

Now, with that being said, The bid went very very senior. #200 and less, so go figue.

the program is indeed alive and well. sometimes the planes do sit for awhile if not busy - the one i picked up this week sat at bfi for 5 days. then i flew an 11hr nonstop charter to italy and then on to corsica. sat there a couple of days and on to nice for a week to bring the pax back. the charter certificate has definitely brought in lots of business. the 121 cert due in aug/sept should bring in even more - not on the bbj, those won't go 121 - but on "other" a/c we may get and/or manage.

marquis cards are selling like hotcakes - if they sell enough we'll have to get another plane. also, we are actually short handed on pilots - 22 now (w/the 4 new f/o's) for 5 planes. one plane may have been sold and we could be down to four planes around labor day - but that's still in negotiations. boeing owns that plane so they can sell it if they want.

hey NetJets guys/gals,

I recently saw (last tour out) in HPN one of the NetJets BBJs that I thought always sat around there. Upon closer inspection, it has a different tail number (foreign, I think). Have you guys sold one of the BBJs? It still had your distinctive paint, but the different tail number stumped me.

Also last tour, I saw at TEB (Jet Aviation) one of your "old" Falcon 2000's that was re-registered with a NxxFS tail number (or something close), I didn't think the 2000's were old enough to rotate out of the fleet yet. Are you guys selling some of them, too?

curious,
fb

flyboycpa said:
hey NetJets guys/gals,

...at TEB (Jet Aviation) one of your "old" Falcon 2000's that was re-registered with a NxxFS tail number (or something close), I didn't think the 2000's were old enough to rotate out of the fleet yet. Are you guys selling some of them, too?

curious,
fb
I too saw that same Falcon 2000 at LAX a few weeks ago at Garrett. It definetely was part of the NJA fleet at some point in the past. Whether it was a bit long in the tooth and sold off while replaced by another, some guy out there just liked the NJA paint job for his Falcon 2000 or it is managed by EJM I can't say. There is constanly a flow of replacement airplanes coming in to replace out aged hulls.

flyboycpa said:
hey NetJets guys/gals,

I recently saw (last tour out) in HPN one of the NetJets BBJs that I thought always sat around there. Upon closer inspection, it has a different tail number (foreign, I think). Have you guys sold one of the BBJs? It still had your distinctive paint, but the different tail number stumped me.
fb

one of our fleet of five has been sold but we're still operating it. there were several a/c we ordered but never took delivery of - that's probably what you saw. two planes in particular were parked somewhere for a couple of years - same paint scheme.

Hey Bizjet,

Not to detract from the BBJ discussion, but having flown the entire Netjets fleet of aircraft, which has been your favorite and why?

I am glad to hear the BBJ operation is alive and well. It sounds like you are getting some good international flying in - you gotta like Corsica...

Latest resources

Back