• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets BBJ - Nice Winglets!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
12hrs is a VERY long time - at least we use an augmented crew (3) and have the couch in the crew rest avail (when it's not full of catering and crew bags). nice thing is you can get up and pace around, or sit and stretch - has the room to do either.

i haven't been too many places - the plane does go to hawaii (phog is maui) frequently since it has the range to go there from anywhere in the usa nonstop. places i've been outside conus: london, kuwait, bahrain, dubai, doha qatar, abu dabi, stutgart - one one trip. another was geneva and nice. that's it for me internationally.

domestic, just about everywhere once it seems.

Hey Bizjet737,

When you say you fly that beautiful bird into 6000' strips, does that include Aspen? I always thought that Aspen restricted jets bigger than the GV or Global (besides the Bae-146)? The engines look quite powerful and I could see how you could probably fly well in hot-and-high conditions. Can you give us some examples of 6000' ft strips or specifically-challenging airports you have flown into in the BBJ? How about Jackson Hole, Sun Valley, Katmandu, etc.?

Sounds like a great gig - and a great airplane!

no, we don't go into ase. ege is the only mountain airport we use - we have a gps approach and "escape manuever" for departrue. pretty cool when you do a v1 cut (in the sim), climb out on the manuever a few thousand feet, remove the clouds, and those mountains are right there, but you're going around them.

not just a commercial beauty

Got to throw in my .02 cents...

The USAF just got their hands on two BBJ's. One in Maryland and one in Hawaii. I got picked up to fly the BBJ in the USAF for VIP transport at Hickam AFB HI. We fly all over the pacific and stateside. Sweet, sweet ride...

Beats cold box lunches and hauling trash during my last assignment.

The Ford BBJ's went to the Air Guard in DC.

The AF actually purchased two BBJ's for full timers to fly in at both Hickam and Andrews.

The Navy Reserve also has its equivalent of the BBJ-but they do not have winglets(but they may be added later).
Squadrons at Jax Nas and Dallas NAS have them.
Just got back from getting qualified and had my first flight in it the other day-they are sweet.

Now if that BBJ FO bid would ever come out at NetJets-I would be on it like a Hobo on a Ham Sandwich-I would love to fly the same aircraft for my fulltime and reserve jobs.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Yeah, but you get some great variety... Imagine being able to fly a Citation X for two weeks every month for Netjets and then your BBJ every other weekend...

Cgmason1,

How often do you get to fly the BBJ and how far afield do you fly it (any exotic exmaples?)? Sounds great.

Cheers

Its not a BBJ-but as close as you can get without the lavish interior.
Just got out sim tng and have only flown it once(if you can call it that) for training at the squadron.
Sweet machine-being the lazy man I am I would rather fly both the BBJ and the 737-700 at my reserve job. But thats not going to happen any time soon-the BBJ F/O bid is on the back burner-probably for while at least.

But the Hawker is not a bad second choice.

Fly Safe
Chuck

I know you are kidding-but there is a little truth in there--the handle bar yoke of the Hawkers is very nice-(especially for the flare)-tough to get used to the regular one again--I am thinking of carring a spare Harley Handle Bar Type Yoke around with me-but I don't think my squadron IP's or Tac's would buy off on letting me use it.

Fly Safe
Chuck
Ps griz can't believe you got rid of the cool AF C-12 pic you had before here and on the NJA board--the C-12 is my alltime fav aircraft--too easy!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back