• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Col. Angus

For the pilots
I PREDICT THE FUTURE:

February 1, 2005 Columbus, OH -

The Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots (ASAP) is making a move to be the sole bargaining agent for the 1950 pilots of Columbus, Ohio based NetJets Aviation.

In October of 2004, ASAP forwarded 1300 petitions to the Teamsters General Presidency demanding disaffiliation from the Teamsters Local 284 after years of incompetent bungling. Mishandling of union representation for NJA pilots has lead to a backlog of over 300 greivances and a contract proposal that failed with an overwhelming 82% rejection vote in November of 2004.

In December of 2004 the founders of ASAP running as a slate under the "Strong Union" banner defeated the incumbent Master Executive Council in a biaanual election for leadership of the pilot group by an unbeileivable 89%.

In January of 2005 an independent survey of the NJA pilots revealed that over 97% of surveyed pilots are still in favor of disaffiliation with IBT Local 284. ASAP has discovered that inconsistencies within the IBT general presendency and local 284 have lead to a near deadlock in the disafilliation process.

This gives the pilots of NJA no choice but to move forward with an independent association of pilots: The Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots. Decertification will begin immediately. The NJA MEC excpects the process to be complete by the end of February. Negotiations on the curent pilots collective bargaining agreement, which became amendable in october of 2001, will continue without interruption.

ASAP also expects to assist in organizing at least one other Fractional provider in 2005, creating an association of over 3000 active pilots.

ASAP is a nonprofit association with corporate offices in Gahana, Ohio adjacent to the NetJets Aviation administrative offices at Easton.

For more information, visit http://www.asapflightdeck.com

Man, my head hurts!

Gee, I wonder what the other frac will be? Considering the climate here now, I wouldn't be suprised to see Options throw in. On a separate issue, could anything related to unions and labor possibly move this fast? Lets hope.

Somebody needs to send this to Hoffa and Treichler. Cut us lose from 284 or lose us forever.

We want out of Local 284. We would prefer that the Teamsters give us our own local. However, they have been slow in responding to our demands. If that continues, look for a decertification vote. We will get out of Local 284 one way or another.

I will definately admit the the NJA union hasn't shown anyone very much as of late but just imagine if we had all the fractionals under the same union. Imagine the barganing power we would have.

I for one would love to spearhead the attempt.

For the record, the NetJets pilots want to disaffiliate (NOT decertify)with Local 284 and form their own local. This is stated very clearly onASAP's Web site.

Latest resources

Back