Netjets app in mail.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gordon24

Received a Netjets app in the mail today, no phone call or anything. I've been updated my resume with them every month for about 6 mos now. I don't know anyone over there and am just past their mins at around 2800 hrs. I fly the CRJ and flew the SAAB and ATR. Does receiving this app mean an interview might be around the corner? Man, I hope so.

gordon24 said:
Received a Netjets app in the mail today, no phone call or anything. I've been updated my resume with them every month for about 6 mos now. I don't know anyone over there and am just past their mins at around 2800 hrs. I fly the CRJ and flew the SAAB and ATR. Does receiving this app mean an interview might be around the corner? Man, I hope so.
Once you get an app in the mail, an interview shouldn't be far behind. There are a few steps before a date is offered. Good luck!

Good luck on the interview.........I would suggest getting as many letters of rec that you can. prefferablr from NJA pilots or employees. If you can't get those, get some from chief pilots, FAA people, former captains or co-pilots who can attest to your cockpit behavior.

Hope to see you on-line.....

Do-82

That's a Dornier 228. A 19 seat, passenger commuter that was used in the late 1980's and 1990's. I believe there were 2 companies that used them for commercial passenger flying here is the US, Precision Airline and MidWay Express. Both, bankrupt. I worked for Precision Ailines, first as an Eastern Express and when Eastern went bankrupt we became a Northwest Airlink.

The Dornier 228 was a 19 seat, unpressurized, turboprop with Garrett engine. I was ugly, but not as ugly as the Shorts 360. With 19 pax we were able to land in less than 1000 ft on a contaminated runway. Runway 33R in BOS was never an issue for us, if you're familiar with BOS runway configuration. Max cruise speed was 200 kts.

As a curious note, when I was in Augsburg, Germany being checked out in the 228 in 1987, I first saw the Dornier 328. At the time, it was just in plywood mock-up and it was origanly design to have jet engines but Dornier didn't feel that jet aircraft were slated for the commuter market. They had their sight on beating the ATP42/72. Therefore they fitted the aircraft with turbprop engines..

Hope I didn't bore you..............

Yeah, was wondering, you said that you were getting checked out on the 228 in Germany. Is that the only place you can get checked out in it? I'm liasing with a company in Asia who're keen on taking me on (but like always, will believe it when it happens!) They too said they'd be sending their personnel to Germany (the check pilot is German) to get their checkout. By the way, does the 228 require a type-rating?? And is it certified for single pilot ops?

The 228 weighed 14,500 lbs. so it required a type rating here in the States. I was typed as a single pilot but in 1990 the FAA revolked our single pilot staus and required us to have a second-in-command. I believe there are still some pilot out there with single pilot privelges. At the time, the aircraft was put into production, there were no simulators and all the trainign had to be done in the aircraft. Dornier was located in Augsburg and it was their instructors/engineers who trained us. Let me tell you, when Germany engineers teach you a/c systems....they really teach you the systems. Out classroom instructor on hydralics was one of the design engineers for the system. There was no guessing on his test.

From there we ferried the aircraft, "across the pond" at 10,000ft . This counted towards our training. In the mid 1990's Dornier was bought by Fairchild in San Antonio, TX and I believe all production moved there. I don't believe they were making the 228 at this point. I am not sure where DO-328 training is being done but I don't believe the DornierWerks in Augsburg is doing anything in the line of commercial aviation.

Oh boy across the pond at 10,000ft! Wow, did you go up from northern scotland over iceland....greenland, then canada? How long did the trip take you guys...?

Yeah I think the European JAA (or the UK CAA) at least have this aircraft down as a single pilot ops....as anal as they are! Was trying to see if time in this thing would count towards my JAA conversion.

hey do82 driver did you know a short squat funny little eyetalian at precision? that was the old him. ive heard hes transformed to an adonis as soon as the doc said stop it with the pasta fazooli: of course he still has his wife beater on though:

he got transplanted from nj to maine and has been trying to get out ever since... this is one of the funniest guys youve ever met drop me a pm if you know him or his cooking:

he finally got the nuts to move from the ultra to the xl but his ioe check captain in the ultra was one of the best sticks around so he probably showed him a thing or too::

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back