Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mungusaurus

I'm happy:)
Read today 50 Hawker 400XP and 8 Hawker 800XP will be added to the NJA fleet, will they be hiring for these a/c if so what are the competitive mins.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx, Mung.

My understanding is that the Raytheon aircraft were ordered and the 100+ Citation CJ3 orders (+/- options) were or will be cancelled... Evidently Santulli was not happy that Citationshares was also ordering the Excel (they already operate many), Sovereign and possibly the Citation X. EJA does not want to share those programs with another FRAX opertator - and both would have also operated the CJ3... Evidently, the fact that FLOPS operates the Hawker 400XP and 800XP doesn't matter much - I think NJA will target FLOPS Beechjet owners (at least the owners of used Beechjets) now that it will operate them too...

That's what I have heard....

Looks Like the Beechjets/Hawker 400XP's will be replacements for the CE 560 Ultra's. Don't foresee any hiring in the near future! Hopefully things will change and Some hiring will pick up!

BE400 ("Hawker" 400XP) vs. C560 Ultra

Netjet's Santulli may also be reeling from some C560 Encore environmental system problems too.

Too bad the Ultra might go away. Some of those 4,000 foot uncontaminated runways out in rural land are do-able at light weights in the Ultra. The Hawker 400XP will be out of the game for those runways, even with the new Part 91K 80% of effective runway length rule.

CC

Sounds like a job for a King Air to me.

It's all about the money, the Encore is fixed. I assume they have extracted their pound of flesh from Cessna for all the trouble it caused NJA.
The 400xp is much less money, and familiar to the public.

Most of the problems were within the Pressurization System! with the valves >> Hard to believe after 30 some years of building the small citations >> Cessna can't figure out how to make the system on the encore work!

x402 said:
...The 400xp is much less money, and familiar to the public.

Since when???? The 400XP didn't exsist (in name) until a few months ago. Personally, the Citation name has been around since the 70s and probably, with exception the "Lear Jet" is the most recognizable name in corporate aviation. I would guess Citations out number 400XPs/Beechjets/Diamonds 3:1 if not more.

IMHO of course.

2000Flyer

Hawker400XPs/Beechjets/Diamonds
I don't think it will take much advertising to introduce the New Improved Beechjets, aka Hawker 400xp'

Beechjet/Hawker/Raytheon.......all household names if you ride in the back or drive 'em.

Latest resources

Back