Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cosmotheassman

I need some more feedback folks...

Do your part 91 flights go towards the 91K 10 hour flight time maximum? Our company is telling us that we only count the 91K flights as part of the total flight time.

As an example, we can fly 9.9 hours of 91K and then have, say, another 2 hours of pure 91 flights for a total of 11.9 hours flight time in one day. They basically say that if the airplane is empty it doesn't go towards the 10 hour maximum. I personally don't interpret the regs that way but as you could guess, the company does.

Any help would be appreciated...

91 flights are for FERRY for MX only. Ergo needing a waiver from the feds to fly a broken plane from point a to b.

Not if you are operating part 135 and not 91K. I think there may be 91 flights other than the ferry permit flights.

Thats what you guys are doing isn't it. You are not operating 91K at all?

Ok the answer is ALL of our flights count toward the flight time limits and 91K duty and rest limits.

see 91.501 and 91.1059.

I would not want to be the first one to dent an airplane while operating outside those guidelines.

Here is one that may help with REST.

Rest period means a period of time required pursuant to this subpart that is free of all responsibility for work or duty prior to the commencement of, or following completion of, a duty period, and during which the flight crewmember or flight attendantcannot be required to receive contact from the program manager. A rest period does not include any time during which the program manager imposes on a flight crewmember or flight attendant any duty or restraint, including any actual work or present responsibility for work should the occasion arise.

If you are required to answer the phone pager etc... you are not in rest and that time does not count as rest.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back