Net Jets interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ragtime67

This is to any one who has interviewed recently. Is Net Jets requireing relocation now? or will the new hires be grand fathered when and if the contract is ratified? I know a lot of people are saying "just say no" to NetJets. I am sure thats because new hires complicate their position. I just need some info, preferably from recent interviews, about what they are asking you to do about relocating and any thing else that you may feel like may be an issue to accepting the call for a class.

Ragtime.......

As I understand it, those who are hired before the new contract is ratified will fall under the rules of the current contract, ergo, you shouldn't have to move to one of the 5 bases. (EWR,MCO,CMH,LAX and DAL) I think those are the 5.

When is the contract going to be ratified?.....your guess is as good as mine. Nothing for sure is going to happen this month, who knows what September is going to bring and our MEC is up for re-election in October. Its going to be a very, very messy few months in the the future.

Don't get too excited about pay either, as I understood one of our MEC members at the last Union meeting, The pay for the early years is certainly not going to be the reason for you to come here.

Good luck to you.....I must stress that everything is tenative at best and what I just stated is not carved in stone. That's why soooo many people are holding off right now....there's way too much uncertainty here and I don't blame anyone for being cautious......

DO-82

Thanks for the info. I, like a lot of pilots, are in the position of trying to find the best job that fits our situation. I understand the need for caution with regards to NetJets. However, if what you said is correct, then I would think that getting on before the contract is finished would be in a new hires best intrest if they do not wish to relocate. I spoke to one of your pilots about a week ago who told me that the company is looking to hire @900. When I expressed concern about the contract, he said it was at least a year away. How much of this is depending on the current political environment? My main concerns are the money and the strike potential. I feel like I can brave as much as a year of sub-standard wages if there is a promise of better. However, I do not want to get caught on probation if and when a strike happens.

Just out of curiosity, what is the advantage to the company by requiring you to relocate to those 5 cities? I understand that 4 of those cities are some of the largest airports in the country and thus provide lots of commercial flight options and competition that might force commercial airfares down. (Though I understand that NetJets has deals with the airlines to provide reduced rate travel for its crews) That being said, wouldn't it be more advantageous to have crews based at 20+ cities (whatever the exact number is now) and be able to get crews to an airplane even faster? Is there a cost savings to the company or is it simply a negotiation tactic?

That's exactly correct Groungpointsix.......We're all kind of scratching our heads wondering why the company is becoming more restrictive with the Gateways (bases). They did the ame thing here about 5 years ago, having a few limited amount of gateways, as a result, no one was willing to work here unless they lived close to one of the gateways.

Now, they are doing the same thing. They've made this mistake once.....

Amen to that Brother Griz.......If we made as many mistakes in our cockpits as they do in the PLeasure Palace we'd be shut down by now.......Stay Strong!!!!!.

3 or 4 years... good guess Griz
So true! Message to NJA wannabees; You too can have yourself a 6 figure job, it's only going to take 4 years combined at $27,000 per year. Research the pay before applying, and don't believe the contract is going to be done anytime soon.

"I feel like I can brave as much as a year of sub-standard wages if there is a promise of better."

THE GREAT AVIATION LIE !!!!

Dude, wake up. The beatings and sub-standard wages will continue ESPECIALLY for the new-hires !!! You will be sucking a$$ for at least 4 to 5 years as a new hire now !!! STOP KIDDING YOURSELF !!! As for current hires warning new hires not to come here, again, wake up. It doesn't matter to us OTHER THAN providing the TRUTH to all prospective Nutjet wannabes !!! JUST SAY NO !!!

I posted this before but just to make it PAINFULLY clear to anyone considering working at NJA, here it is again...

I did the research on the seniority list. I missed the by-pass pay by 2 numbers. There are about 80 people junior to me.

The way the TA is written, and this is from the MEC,(check it out on the In the Loop section of our union msg board) any FO on by-pass pay will remain on that pay so long as they have a captains bid, IN THEIR CURRENT AIRCRAFT!, and must accept that upgrade when it gets to them or lose the captains pay.

Now, considering there are appx 400 fo's on by-pass pay senior to me. I did count but lost the exact figure.

If the company takes delivery of 3 new aircraft per month (which is a totally unrealistic average) and staffs each plane with 3 captains per...it will take just over 4 years for me to upgrade.

4 years or longer folks to upgrade...

Now consider this...2nd year FO pay is 28000. if we got a 25% raise...thats only 35000/yr.

Sooooo, Come on over fella's. Come "Live the dream"

Cleaning dried piss off toilets seats isnt all that bad...not to mention the left over shrimp!

Latest resources

Back