Need some info on Frotier Flying Service

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

b18onboost

Does anyone know anything about this company? I am planning to apply to them. I would like to know about the interview process and training. Thanks a lot

Assuming your talking about the company in AK? Some words of advice concerning any company in Alaska. I used to fly there and honestly if you aren't up there, you better be able to write a heck of a cover letter, because you need to convince them you are really into moving 3500 miles for a job. If you really want the job, buy an airline ticket and fly up there to see them and hand them your resume in person. Show them you are serious about the move....Hand out a few more resumes while your at it. It's incredible flying, but isn't for everyone. Good Luck!

Propilot is on the mark, here. Being there is worth more than experience sometimes. Most Anchorage based companies are hiring a little all year round, but seem to have a bigger push for the summer gear-up. That happens about April-May. Everyone seems to have NFG ground school going then. Walking around, shaking hands and passing out resume's will work much better than sitting at home sending emails. That's for the 135 outfits. Move up to the 121 operators, and they seem to be hiring more steadily. Hiring on as an f/o for your first AK season may not be a bad idea if you're short on stick and rudder/mountainous/dynamic weather experience.

That being said, I hired on to a tundra/bush operator over the phone. Came up to work one season... 3 seasons ago. Took a break and played captain in the regionals, then came back. I prefer a little mud on my boots than gold on my shoulder boards!

Good luck,
Ronin

Latest resources

Back