Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

guppy

Hi,

New to this site and so far I like what I have been reading. You all seem like a nice bunch of people. I have a question im hoping everyone can help me with. My husband and I are getting a German Shephard pup on tuesday. Were trying to come up with a name thats aviation related. So come on guys/girls help us out.

Thanks
Amy

My two Labs are named Rotor and Wing. You having a German Shepard might consider Hubschrauber (German for Helicopter):rolleyes:

guppy said:
...so far I like what I have been reading. You all seem like a nice bunch of people.
Apparently you didn't read a whole lot of the posts here.

My husband and I are getting a German Shephard pup on tuesday. Were trying to come up with a name thats aviation related. So come on guys/girls help us out.
If it's a German Shepard, name it Messerschmitt. The vet won't have a clue how to pronounce it, nor will they have a clue how to spell it.

Welcome to the board.

I've always been fond of German Shepherds, and of the F-105 Thunderchief.

F-105 Thunderchief

Known for it's Wild Weasel missions in Vietnam, it's just a mean-lookin' airplane, and it fits the image of a Shepherd.

Of course, you'd call him "Chief" for short.

Last edited:
I am in love with large dogs. Have had serveral, along with one I have now. Please advise if it is (or will be) a male or a female German Shepard. It's somewhat imortant for the "image".

Tony C- You're right, "Chief" is better than "Thud", LOL!

My Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix is named Jett. He's mostly black, very sharp, and fast (relative to other dogs).

How about "Erich" (The Ace of Aces)?
Or "Wulf"? That looks right visually too. Have him neutered though, because "Wulf" might be out Focking some day....

Along the same lines, will he be "Streudel"-colored? Because if he is, that might work too. JK.

There's always "Apollo". Or "LEM". I think I'm out of ideas....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back