Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

climbhappy

ex pat
i have a guy who is thinking buying a used jetstream for clinet hauling and leisure, and some charter. i have alot of time in them and am looking at picking up one in the desert. everything is going to have be gone over anyway.
can you help me with checks. phase 1 and 2 , a thru d?
i know the props,gear and engines would need inspections and overhaul

plan on replacing some accessories. what should i budget?

most of the old used 31s out there (serial 600 to 700 ) are being asked around a million. i think i be better off geting one for 250 to 300 and spending 150 to 200 on maintenance, paint etc

I'm no mechanic (have stayed at a few Holiday Inns though), but I also have quite a bit of J31/32 experience, including some fairly recent. From what I gather the $250-300k Jetstreams out sitting in the desert and other places need a LOT of work. Budgeting $200k to get one up and running may be a bit optomistic. If you ever flew any of the airline ex-Eagle Jetstreams that were stored in teh desert, you know the kind of problems that crop up, and those were in nice shape compared to the low-price ones out there now.

If this is who I think it may be (DG?), then we both know the folks who fix up a lot of Jetstreams from storage, and I can tell you they spend a lot more than $200K doing it.

Either way, good luck with the project!

were we at CAP or CC Air at the same time?

i know you can't plan for every anomoly, but the major components would be obvious. thanks for your time!

i think i be better off geting one for 250 to 300 and spending 150 to 200 on maintenance, paint etc
A $300,000 Jetstream will end up costing you over a million by the time it's all said and done. Don't buy an airplane to fix up unless fixing them up is what you do.

I doubt very much that you will get into a decent Jetstream for the half million you're talking about.

Last edited:
I saw a Saab 340 on EBAY last year go for $300k. It needed a C-Check very soon though...

Why not try to look for a Saab? It has auto-pilot.

Latest resources

Back