Need help for a friend with 10,000 Hrs.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

greyhound

Just wondering if anyone could help me get a friend going in the right direction to find employment here in the states.

He's got about 10,000 hrs.

7000 as PIC of DC-9's.

U.S citizen but flys for a foreign carrier.

No degree.

Any info apreciated!

Umm, how about UPS, FedEx, JetBlue, Southwest, AirTran, Continental, Frontier? With the amount of turbine pic your friend has, there shouldnt be much problem.

FedEx insists on a 4-year degree last I heard. I don't know about UPS. I don't think the others mentioned in the previous posts require a degree. Yeah, for a US citizen just try them all. It seems a little tougher without Airbus or 737 time. I have 15000TT with 9000PIC Tprop/Tjet and when I sent out resumes recently I was surprised at the lack of response I got. But I only applied a couple of places. Recommendations are still king.

xspud got it right on the head, letters of rec will get you hired anywhere. Flight time is what you need if you dont know the important people. Unfortunately, I don't know any of those important people!

Spirit, Allegiant, Focus, Cargo360, Evergreen, and some of the other 3rd tier cargo companies.

He's in for a shock when it comes to compensation.

Southwest and jetblue are A LOT less concerned about a degree than most, and in my opinion, rightfully so. I have seen jetblue hire guys with no college, just a high school diploma. I know Southwest has hired guys without a 4 year, I don't know about just high school though. If you can get through one, two or three type rides, what does it matter if you have a degree, you proven you can study and pass. Just my opinion, and I have an associates degree.
Coastinout

Draginass said:
Spirit, Allegiant, Focus, Cargo360, Evergreen, and some of the other 3rd tier cargo companies.

He's in for a shock when it comes to compensation.

I'll bet some of those " third tier" pilots are making almost the same money as a legacy pilot.

ABX, in my opinion, is going to start hiring in the not distant future and they don't care if you can spell kollage.

scarface said:
ABX, in my opinion, is going to start hiring in the not distant future and they don't care if you can spell kollage.

Not according to "the Bobs" No hiring planned for the foreseeable future.

One of the FOs I recently flew with had a trip with Bob light and was told that hiring should be in the cards this year.
Who the hell knows?

Latest resources

Back