NDR/background check

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWAnnabee

How far back does a NDR check indicate? How many is TOO many for an airline interview? I have gotten my state record and it goes back 7 years. It shows four tickets for speeding 10-15 mph in excess of the limit over a period of about seven years. I know I had a few others from teenage/early twenties but they didn't show on the state record. Will other background checks done by the majors show EVERYTHING and am I going to be OK in an interview with what I DO show?

You might have a problem, I have no speeding tickets, in fact I have not had one since I was 17, but friends of mine that have had as many as you, have not been hired at the places that they applied to, many airlines when they see that many tickets in a short time frame like 7 years, look at it as that you never learned your lesson from your first ticket, I had a friend that had 1 ticket on his record and he got hired, his ticket was 5 years old, and he explanined that he was speeding and he learned his lesson by not getting any other tickets, the way most company's look at this kind of stuff is did you learn from your mistake, can you follow rules and laws, in your case you did not, I would still apply to whom ever you want, if you have a good reason why you got 4 tickets in a 7 year period, then maybe you will not have a problem, but if they have a bunch of people that they interview and you are the only one that sticks out with 4 tickets, you might have a problem but then again, some one may overlook those if you shine in other areas

Good Luck

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back