• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Navy guys as President

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
but McCain says he can be bipartisan and work to effect change...

you're telling us that McCain can't find consensus amongs his fellow senators to help Vets?

The outsourcing of the DoD is disgraceful. Walter Reed....

If anyone out there knows what its like to be a wounded Vet its McCain....

Its not Country First but Corporate First....

the reason why McCain voted down those bills is because namy of the benefits to Vets in those bills are provided by Corporations... not the DoD. It has all been outsourced....

McCain voted NO because it COST the corporati's too much money...

Not Country first...rather Corporate First...

I'm a little confused by this post. I believe that Mccain voted against these bills because the attached spending had never been debated otr included in a larger spending plan. This is the mechanism that congressman use to get "pork" inserted into spending legislation. They know that the projects would never stand up to scrutiny in an open debate so they attach pet projects benefiting their own districts or states to bills that are difficult to vote against. The way the country raises and spend money is horribly broke and Sen Mccain is the loudest voice trying to fix it. These votes are his way of speaking out.

Cheers

I'm a little confused by this post. I believe that Mccain voted against these bills because the attached spending had never been debated otr included in a larger spending plan. This is the mechanism that congressman use to get "pork" inserted into spending legislation. They know that the projects would never stand up to scrutiny in an open debate so they attach pet projects benefiting their own districts or states to bills that are difficult to vote against. The way the country raises and spend money is horribly broke and Sen Mccain is the loudest voice trying to fix it. These votes are his way of speaking out.

Cheers

you're telling us that McCain can't find consensus amongs his fellow senators to help Vets?

Not when they are so intent on stuffing these bills with egregious amounts of cash for projects that have nothing to do with vets. Who is the problem here? I'll repeat the question I asked earlier. Have you read through the amendments to these bills? There are some eye popping numbers in there.

Cheers

Rez,

Still want to know what specific corporations, specific amounts of cash and specific DOD/Vet friendly bills that McCain voted down because it would cost these coporations too much. Thanks.

Navy Guys do it to the bad guys.

That means you F-18 guy.

Get used to being the hot ******************** warrrior.

AF is homo.

I have to say that after more than a couple of decades worth of airline flying the Navy guys were hands down the best group of ex-military types to fly with by far, except for the occasional ex-Marine (part of the Navy, I know) types who were almost to a man so crazy-fun to be around that a guy would just have to be hating life not to have a good time.

Navy guys had a definate leadership quality about them that was missing in pilots from other branches of the military. They instilled a spirit of cooperation among the entire crew that often was refreshing, and seemed to understand the advantanges of real team work in getting a difficult job done. They were also very good stick and rudder types, along with good judgement and a practical approach to problem solving. I would say that what I consistently saw reflected very favorably on both the Navy's selection process and its training.

I don't want to go into what I experienced from pilots from the other branches, I simply wanted to pay a well deserved compliment to a great group of top knotch aviators.

Thanks to all of you.

It translates over to the astronaut corps as well...

Armstrong was a Navy pilot.... there are more Navy astronauts than AF....

Simply put.... the Navy is better.....

This is the actual breakdown of the military backgrounds of all the NASA astronauts:

USAF Pilot: 81
USAF Nav: 1
USAF Flight Surgeon/Engineer: 13

USN Pilot: 69
USN NFO: 8
USN Flight Surgeon: 5

USMC Pilot: 22
USMC NFO: 1

USCG Pilot: 2

US Army Pilot: 14

Note that there are many currently active astronauts with no military background at all. There are also a handful of them with military history that is completely unrelated to flying (e.g. meteorologist, diver, SEAL, etc).

Latest resources

Back