• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nation WideCell Phone Coverage??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have SunCom now, they are part of the ATT network, and I had ATT when I lived in North Carolina and loved them there. With SunCom it is basically the same service and coverage. Lately I have been going to some places out in the middle of nowhere and for the most part the service is very good. I curently have 600min for $70.

Anaconda: the phone was $150.00 on sale, and i got a $40.00 mail-in rebate. Also I got a 3 year warranty for $60.00, anything wrong with the phone take it to ANY Best Buy and if they can't fix it on the spot they give you a new phone. This even inculdes the battery, so you can get a free bat., after it won't hold its charge. You will have to sign a contract with Best Buy saying that if you cancel your phone contract with Cingular within 6 months you owe Best Buy $300.00, and that is why they can sell the phones so cheap.

I love my V60. Reception is very good, many different ring tones, voice-activated dialing, and the bat will last at least 2 days with a lot of use. Motorola make a very well built phone.

Every time cell phones are discussed several folks say to avoid Sprint like the plague. Just to give a different perspective, I've had Sprint for about three years and am very satisfied with the price and the service. For 69.99 a month, I have two phones with separate phone numbers that share 600 anytime minutes and 3000 off-peak minutes including true nationwide long distance. I go most everywhere in the US and have had to roam only a few times at places that are definitely off the beaten path. I've never experienced the dropped calls that others complain about. And no, I'm not affiliated in any way with Sprint.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info, all good stuff. After talking to different sells reps and reviewing all the plans I think I'm going to re-up with AT&T for 1 yr.

The Digital One Rate is the best plan out there for national coverage without having to worry about where you are calling from. It is a little more expensive but very reliable. Verison almost made the cut, I just didn't want to have to change my phone number and have to go through the hassle and having to notify half the world.

Thanks again.

Just a little more info that I havn't seen mentioned. I've also had the digital 450 nationwide plan for about 2 years and have been very happy with it even in some very small cities. They do offer an unadvertised offer to "special customers". If you've had the phone for at least 6 months they will either add 1000 night and weekend minutes a month for an additional $9.95 or if you renew your contract for an addtional year they will add the same thousand minutes/month for free. So if you're gong to extend your contract for another year this might come in handy. I had to be persistent on the phone with the customer service person at first but they were able to find the offer. You can also get discounts from AT&T based on membership with some unions. ALPA members can get 10% off of the basic rate which also helps.

The previous two posts seem to sum-up the AT&T way......pay more money....sign up for an extended (or an even more extended) plan. No thanks.;)

I switched from Alltel to Cingular about six months ago. So far, I've had little problem with the service. If you get a signal, you talk. Period. No roaming charge. It even works in San Juan. I've heard that cingular roams on the ATT network and I've never had a problem getting a signal. At the time I had to choose a new carrier, Verizon was not selling nationwide plans in my home area, so I passed them by, but I hear good things about them as well.
Alltel stunk, to be polite.

8N

I have the Verizon Nationwide plan and a Motorola V60c phone with the high capacity battery....

I have excellent coverage everywhere in the US (even Alaska) and Canada and the V60c has a ton of features and has nearly 10 days of stand-by time with the high capacity battery, it also will do 240+ minutes of talk time... The high capacity battery fits right in the case, no piggy-back battery like the older phones... Plus I have dropped the phone several times already and it still works great.

Last edited:
The V60 is a great phone and it sounds like Verison has there system pretty well set up now. I am up in Canada some so it is nice to know that it works there too.

I know Motorola and Nokia are the most popular phones but like the looks of that new Sony Ericsson T68m or T61z, does anyone use these phones?

Ericcson phones have not had a good reputation (that is why they have slipped from #3 to like #6 in world cell phone supplier)...

Motorola phones have always been very rugged and technically superior... they lost ground to Nokia a few years back based on style... They are quickly gaining back ground with the V60, V70, V120 and the new A388 Phone ... This phone doesn't have any buttons, it has a touch screen!

Nokia phones got ahead because of style (and supplier incentives) but generally lack ruggedness and have a high failure rate.

Latest resources

Back