murray/national

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tubineotter

anybody got the latest and greatest? i saw one of there crews in hk last month and 2 400's where there. what's the word on the street?

anybody got the latest and greatest? i saw one of there crews in hk last month and 2 400's where there. what's the word on the street?

I ran into a friend in Shanghai who was flying the 400 for National. Him and the other pilot were both furloughed UPS guys and they were flying as contract guys for National. I'm not sure what crew leasing company they were affiliated with. He just said the pay sucked.

National's 757s are based in Yip, the 747s are in Dubai. Not sure of schedule or pay but right now the HR person told me they are looking for people with type experience. She also told me they need PFEs for the old Murray DC-8s. Right now it seems they are trying to build the initial cadre of pilots then they will look at people without the time in type. I met the head HR lady at a job fair and she was very nice and even took the time to talk with me despite my experience level. Lots of DOD work I think. Good luck to those job seekers out there!

I heard that 50% of the pilot's are furloughed UPS? The pay is low and you work for Air Atlanta and based in FRA. They will have to raise the pay and conditions (PX home in Coach) when the UPS guys get recalled. I'd go fly for them but on a better deal. National/Murray seems like a nice company but have to pay to get the best people.

Heard a rumor that they were trying to get sim instructors/check airmen for the -400 program for $75k/yr...

Just a rumor...they did get that program up and running quickly.

I dont think it is a Capt overthere under the AAI contract making less than 140 hr...I know for a fact the initial cadre stateside is making great money.... Rumors you have to laugh. They were looking for someone to aid in writing manuals that was an 85k position.. after they went through training their pay went to almost double that!!! Good for that guy:)

Last edited:
Heard a "rumor" that there is a hush hush underground effort to get a union on property. Lots of old school favorite playing going on with regard to who upgrades, gets to go to different aircraft etc. "Rumor" also is that the powers that be have stated that if the union effort gets any traction they will shut the operation down (ala Zantop).

Some things never die...you can try to take the operation out of Willow Run...but you can't take the "Willow Run" out of the operation...

Heard a "rumor" that there is a hush hush underground effort to get a union on property. Lots of old school favorite playing going on with regard to who upgrades, gets to go to different aircraft etc. "Rumor" also is that the powers that be have stated that if the union effort gets any traction they will shut the operation down (ala Zantop).

Some things never die...you can try to take the operation out of Willow Run...but you can't take the "Willow Run" out of the operation...
Yes the union did wonders for Zantop, Jimmy shut it down the day before the first pay raise on the CBA. He had his millions, why lose it in the airline business, same applies at Murray/National

I've just started my 26th year at Willow Run, I've seen all this siht before! If there is that much money involved in the Afgan/military flying, they will NOT shut the operation down. Don't fall for that ploy! Pilot salaries and work rules will not hurt them. If it would hurt their bottom line, they will go down the tubes regardless. Don't sell yourselves short. these guys are self inflated ego maniacs, They are laughing all the way to the bank with their threats and BS.

Connie said the same thing before we got a union. They're blowing smoke up your butts

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back