• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Murray Aviation Casa Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where did you get that information? As of right now they are trying to put a couple of crews together. Half of the new tranees/FO's are higher time pilots but have zero experience in the plane. The other half are low time pilots. They have two CASA's with only one captain and two FO's to fly them. What ever you heard is probably not true all the way. They are trying to get a couple of high time pilots to check them out as captain as soon as possible, after flying as FO for a couple hundred hours. The turn over at Murray is been real high this year.

Jus tsaw a job posting from Murray. A type rating in the CASA was mandatory.
Where are the Murray pilots going? across the street to USA Jet?

betel,

The bigger question is...who the he!! has a CASA rating ?? Lots of people walking the streets with one on their ticket ??

Most of the pilots that left Murray Aviation went to Air Wisconsin, Mesaba, Spirit and Pinacle. As far as I know no one went to USA Jet or any other cargo company. I think the Murray's are looking for a chief pilot with a Saab 340, JetStream or CASA experience. They are in need of CASA 212 and JetStream 31/32 typed pilots since they are very short on captains.http://www.murray-aviation.com/employment.html

"who the he!! has a CASA rating ?? Lots of people walking the streets with one on their ticket ??"

I have been told repeatedly, that with a Casa 212 type rating, that you will NEVER go hungry. From the little that I have seen, I would beleive it.

I know I want one... (patience my precious...)

Dan

The only CASA operators I've ever heard of were Murray, an outfit in Yuma supporting the militarys HALO training and Evergreen in Latin America. I thought it odd that Murray could request and get type rated applicants.

speedbird1974 said:
As far as I know no one went to USA Jet or any other cargo company.
It was a while ago - but in 2000 4 or 5 Captains went to USA Jet and 1 to Reliant.

The CA-212 type is more common that I would of thought. It's not like every guy at the airport has one, but I've run into a number of people with it.

iaflyer

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back