Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most popular airlines for Frax Pilots (where they are moving on to)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Just curious. I have been reading a number of posts indicating that frax pilots appear to be doing quite well getting onto airlines like JetBlue, AirTran, AWA, etc.

From the guys on the line, which airlines appear to be picking up your colleagues? Are some airlines more receptive to fractional flying than others or is it just an hours thing? What are you hearing about where your fellow pilots are going?

Clearly, Citation X time or Lear 45/60 time has to be appreciated at some airlines, right?

I know FIVE from Nutjets now that have gone to JETBLUE. ONE to Frontier, THREE to Airtran and ONE to Southwest. And as for "major" airline types going TO the fracs...that is ONLY if they are furloughed or retired (re: retired with 4 ex-wives). Nobody in their right minds would leave a major airline to join THIS ! Regional airlines are a little different and I'm sure there are a few who have left the crappy regionals to come to the fracs and are happier here.

Last edited:
I imagine the airlines dont care too much what type corp jet you fly. I know jetBlue cares about EFIS time but lets get real. A corp jet is a corp jet. Anyone who says flying one is that much more difficult or they are a better pilot because of it is full of sh!t. Most of the guys with that attitude are in the X at NJA and they came from light twins and pistons.
As for EFIS, it can be taught to anyone and just takes time. If a 300TT regional airline pilot in an RJ can learn it then so can the 5000TT guy whos been on steam gauges.
Nobody in their right minds would leave a major airline to join THIS !

Your right about that!

Latest resources

Back