• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most Loved Airline in the U.S.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Canyon, I pay all my bills, have no debt, house paid off, makes more than you but doesn't need to brag about his w2 like a lot your compadres, but thanks for the Personal Finance lesson. Rant much?

So in past posts you are bragging how much
your wife makes

You like to spout off on how your wife makes more than you do

Your just like GL, you can't keep ur stories straight

Must be a. Delta thing. :)

Last edited:
Why thank you Bubba:)

Delta started out dusting crops. Boot strapped their way into a big airline.

Not exactly. Delta watched Eastern put the hard work into establishing routes with jet equipment and then went crying to the CAB about how unfair it was that they couldn't operate on those routes. So Delta has Eastern to thank for much of their post-crop dusting growth.

And then of course Continental ended up pilfering Easterns jets later so it all comes close to home one way or another, doesn't it?

At some point in their first 80-90 years, every major U.S. airline has gone BK. How long has SWA been around again??? What odds might Vegas put on SWA taking a turn in BK someday???

Yeah but those first 70 years don't count. It's hard to lose money when the government is your Mama.

Not exactly. Delta watched Eastern put the hard work into establishing routes with jet equipment and then went crying to the CAB about how unfair it was that they couldn't operate on those routes. So Delta has Eastern to thank for much of their post-crop dusting growth.

And then of course Continental ended up pilfering Easterns jets later so it all comes close to home one way or another, doesn't it?

Not IMO. Feds stipulate one airport for two cities, then allows one airline to stay after moving the others. Delta wanted to compete with Eastern, Southwest was toast and couldn't compete with anyone. SWA was propped up to make sure at least one airline succeeded post deregulation.

Not IMO. Feds stipulate one airport for two cities, then allows one airline to stay after moving the others. Delta wanted to compete with Eastern, Southwest was toast and couldn't compete with anyone. SWA was propped up to make sure at least one airline succeeded post deregulation.

Flop

Midway Airlines was called (The darling of deregulation) , not SWA...

Southwest Airlines was some hick airline out of TX. I think most can't believe they fly to 90 cities and 5 countries . Myself included .

You would be awesome in a debate class . You throw a lot of good stuff. Some are to lazy to look up if true .
For that I am impressed. :)

PS. Hope I get the chance to fly with you someday. :)

Last edited:
Flop

Southwest Airlines was some hick airline out of TX. I think most can't believe they fly to 90 cities and 5 countries . Myself included .

You would be awesome in a debate class . You throw a lot of good stuff. Some are to lazy to look up if true .

Don't let Flopgut fool you. He's demonstrated time and again that he doesn't actually know much of anything about the history of U.S. Airlines in the 20th century in general, and he knows dick-all about Southwest. All he knows are the anti-SWA talking points that he continually spouts, to make himself feel better. He speaks in generic, non-specific terms without any particulars, and is unable to actually back up any of his statements with any citations or facts.

He essentially just throws out anti-Southwest statements, and hopes that you are too lazy to look up the actual truth. In fact, several of us have refuted his most egregious BS numerous times with the truth, but then he just ignores the conversation until it drops off the forum, then repeats it again. It gets tiresome.

My personal favorite is when he tries to tell people that the Wright Amendment was secretly negotiated/agreed to, in order to "help" Southwest. He is pretty funny, but you shouldn't take anything he says seriously.

Bubba

5 countries....

That's cute!

Flop

Alfred Kahn is the guy you need to read (more?) about. He wrote deregulation and once said "Pan Am can go to hell". Of course he loved SWA... However, and here's an interesting point about Midway (the airport and the airline you mention), initially small airlines asked for 2 years of protection around Midway airport. Kahn and his team carefully considered it, but ultimately declined. Competition, and the unfettered outcome, was what they [Kahn's team] were after and NOT picking winners. That is NOT what happened in Dallas. SWA received enormous protection from bare knuckled competition at Love Field. Opposite of what was intended. It's a way bigger deal than the sum total of legacy airline BKs. They were handed their success.

Alfred Kahn is the guy you need to read (more?) about. He wrote deregulation and once said "Pan Am can go to hell". Of course he loved SWA... However, and here's an interesting point about Midway (the airport and the airline you mention), initially small airlines asked for 2 years of protection around Midway airport. Kahn and his team carefully considered it, but ultimately declined. Competition, and the unfettered outcome, was what they [Kahn's team] were after and NOT picking winners. That is NOT what happened in Dallas. SWA received enormous protection from bare knuckled competition at Love Field. Opposite of what was intended. It's a way bigger deal than the sum total of legacy airline BKs. They were handed their success.

You know, Floppy, I've asked you twenty times to actually explain this, and twenty times you've p*ssied out on me. I wonder why that is.

You have repeated lies, which I've refuted, but you've never actually shown any "protection" shown SWA at Dallas Love, and by whom. Why?--there was no "protection." Only attacks.

One more time for you, Flop, the slow-witted amongst us: only AFTER winning every legal challenge thrown against us by the other airlines, including multiple trips up to and including the US Supreme Court; and only AFTER surviving actual illegal threats and tactics that resulted in convictions in criminal court of three other airlines, including Flop's beloved Continental airlines; Southwest finally started flying in 1971 as an intrastate Texas airline.

After deregulation in 1978, Southwest planned expansion and started flying to other states. Again, more frivolous and BS legal attacks, which were all dismissed by various courts, again including the US Supreme Court. What happened then? Why, DFW and American Airlines got their paid-for political stooge, House Speaker Jim Wright (D., Ft Worth) to change the law, by sneaking in what became the Wright Amendment into unrelated legislation. This had the effect of hobbling SWA in Dallas Love, and prohibited us from expanding service any further in the future. Hmmm, a prohibition on what we wanted to do doesn't sound much like "protection"; it sounds like interference.

Up until the compromise that finally ended the WA in 2014, other airlines came and went from Dallas Love as they pleased, although they were subject to the same restrictions that Southwest was. And, up until 2014, there were literally dozens of unused gates at Dallas Love that no other airline wanted. So don't give us the old "Southwest had other airlines banned from Love Field" BS.

So tell me please, Flop, what exact "protection" did Southwest receive? And from whom did Southwest receive it? Are you going to actually answer this time, or will you p*ssy out again?

Bubba

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back