MN Fire patrol

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

woutlaw

An outfit here in Minnesota is looking for fire patrol pilots for the 2007 season.

Minimums are 500PIC (not 500TT, but 500PIC).

Don't have much more info, but the contact listed is
[email protected]

Guy's name is Aaron.

It's in a 172, contract work for the DNR. Judging by the number of fires I saw flying around last night it's gonna be a busy season.

I think they're starting patrols this week or next, so don't delay. No idea if they've filled their slots or not yet.

Just passing on the tip.

For anyone looking to build time quick, this is a good gig. You will fly your arse off, but it is preety fun.

I did this summer of 99, and even though there were not many fires, the patrol last for at least 1-2 months.

For anyone looking to build time quick, this is a good gig. You will fly your arse off, but it is preety fun.

I did this summer of 99, and even though there were not many fires, the patrol last for at least 1-2 months.

I agree, I did this way back in 87-88 out of Cambridge, MN. Great time builder, plus you only have to worry that you will kill yourself, no student will do it for you. Seriously, its a good gig for the low timer wanting to build time.

What's it pay? Have some younger friends that need the time

I think they're paying $125/day, but that was info from a third party so I don't know for certain.

Don't know how many days they'll actually need but it sounds like a fun gig.

They were starting patrols at the start of this month so they may already be full up but it can't hurt to ask, eh?

Again, this was a few years back...

I flew the contract (not really) through Bemidji Aviation, and flew in Hibbing, MN. I was still living in Minneapolis at the time, and I actually flew up north for every day of flying. I do know that some guys just stayed up there and got a hotel/motel for 5-6 days.

I was paid $10/hr flying either a 152 or 172. Decent planes with the routes preprogrammed into a GPS. I flew anywhere from 10-60 hrs per week, some of which was my own time getting north and south. Most days were anywhere from 2 up to 8 hrs, depending on daylight and what was going on.

All in all it was a great gig for building time, and I thought the scenery was great as well, but I like the northland.

Latest resources

Back