Missing a/c documents

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stlpilot

I originally posted this under the "FAR" thread but then thought this might be a better forum.

Got a part 135 bud that I was talking to today and he had a situation come up where either the airworthiness or registration (can’t remember which) was missing. Seems earlier in the week when the FAA was out looking around they did not like where it was placed in the aircraft and asked that it be moved. So best they (operator) could figure someone must have moved it and forgot to tell anyone else.

Anyways the conversation sparked my curiosity and I was wondering if you are indeed missing one of these documents, how long it can take to replace them? I thought the FAA could issue an emergency ticket (same day) but does anyone have another opinion or experience with this? Thanks

You can get a temporary registration certificate good for 90 days, get the form from a FSDO (or a good local mechanic) and good to go.

An airworthiness certificate duplicate has been a different story. One owner had to do an annual inspection to get one (no logbooks). Another had to take all of the logbooks in to the FSDO for an airworthiness review, then got the duplicate. I don't know of any 'instant' replacements, nor a rating for my A&P that'll allow me to issue one to an airplane. Perhaps the A&P/IAs around can tell us. . .

Latest resources

Back