Minneapolis for the day...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DJS

I figured a pilot bbs would be a good place to ask...so...

My wife and I are going to be in Minneapolis for a day (Saturday) before attending a wedding that evening. (leaving kids at Grandma's in Tacoma for the weekend! Woohoo!)

What recommendations do you guys have for doing that day?

Thanks,

...Dave

MSP

Well, if the weather is good, I would try to get outside and enjoy it! Head to the Minneapolis chain of lakes (Lake Caloun, Harriet, Lake of the Isles) There are great walking paths and good scenery. You can also rent a Canoe at the Lake Calhoun Bandshell for $8/hour I think. There are no motorized vehicles allowed on the city lakes, so it is quite peaceful.

And of course I'm sure your wife (if she's like most women I know) would want to go to the Mall of America. I'd much rather spend the day enjoying the outdoors!

go to the Mall of America and protest the fact that they don't have "Fat Tuesdays" there any more.

Mmmmmm, 151 rum slushies.

If you have a lot of time skip the Minneapolis area and rent a car and go up to Duluth. Its a nice ride up I35 (3 hrs.) this time of year with the leaves changing and then Duluth is nice with Lake Superior. I think the Thunderbirds are in town for an airshow too. Have fun, it is supposed to be sunny and around 70.

I think the T-birds have cancelled all the shows through the end of Sept. and October (I think).

As for Minne. I've never been there. Sorry can't help.

You're wife might like Stillwater. It's a town just outside St. Paul. Old brick bildings, antiques, and a big Christmas store. You know, chick stuff.

Go downtown to the Metrodome. Twins are in first place by 3-1/2 games, and they will be playing the Detroit Tigers on Saturday.

Not a baseball fan..............Mall of America can last you all day, and you'll still not see it all. It's very close to MSP airport.

Flechas said:
go for dinner to Chinolatino, its uptown, ask around, its really good!!

Is that the Chinese version of Mexican food or the Mexican version of Chinese food?

Seriouly, what kind of food do they have?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back