Mini-"Fractional " Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SSDD

I live in a medium size midwest town with no airline service. I do some real estate investing and over the past months I've made some connections. I've got 4, maybe 5, companies interested in an airplane. Where can I find info on starting our own mini fractional? Things like initial investment, cost allocation, scheduling software, etc.

If we do this right, it may bring more opportunities. Any info would be appreciated.

Federal Air Regulations Part 91K is a start. I would start with a good reputable aviation consulting firm. Good luck getting started.

or....

Just give me 3/4 of your money.....I will kick you in the balls.......and we will call it even.

I flew for a guy who owned a plane with 2 or 3 others, it was back a few years and 91k was just getting started but it seemed to work, partners with shared expense...go for it

If your are just looking to operate an aircraft or two owned by multiple owners you can structure it as a joint ownership. As I understand it, you can also have an interchange between the two aircraft as long as it is 1 for 1. www.nbaa.org would be a good place to start. Definately get an attorney that knows what they are doing to make sure you cross all your T's and dot your I's. Once you call it a fractional, you have serious certification issues to overcome.

Wow! 17000 hours?

Be carefull "mate". You must have a decent stash of cash to be strting this deal.

I'm surprised you aren't a little more educated in this subject.

Better get a lawyer/accountant/phycologist to advise you.

By the way, I'll kick you in the balls for 1/2 your money, a net profit of 25% over the other offer.

I've talked to some of our Netjets owners. The only difference between me and them is that they had an idea and took the chance.

Good luck to ya! If ya need a Chief Pilot let me know! I'll try to find you a guy senior to me to take the job.

Semore

Latest resources

Back