• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Military Airspace to be "Holiday Express Lane"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They can open up all the military airsapce all over the country, delays will still occur (just like before) because the main problem is lack of runways and gate space. The surface-based infrastructure is what is casing these issues, not the airborne!

There's a intestingly similar thread going on in the members only section of the NATCA (national air traffic controllers association) website. Someone there made a great point, most of these military areas (that the President has miraculously made availalble) are generally closed or cold during the holidays anyway! So, this wasn't a huge concession.....just a political ploy. When it doesn't work out the delay issue, the politicans and FAA will simply blame it on the controller workforce. Not their fault, but they will be made out to be the scapgoat here after the fact.

This is also a stolen nugget, but anther person mentioned that this solution is like saying that there are not enough cashiers to eliminate the long lines at Walmart, so their fix would be to open the handicapped parking in order to get more people in the store. It doesn't fix the real issue. I thought that was a great analogy.

So, over this holiday when the controllers are doing thier darndest to get you where you need to be, remember this, and please be a bit more patient and supportive. This is a team effort, whether everyone wants to belive it or not, it simply is. And once we all start helping each other - things will be a whole lot more efficeint and pleasant.

BTW, Happy holdays to everyone here!!

There's a intestingly similar thread going on in the members only section of the NATCA (national air traffic controllers association) website. Someone there made a great point, most of these military areas (that the President has miraculously made availalble) are generally closed or cold during the holidays anyway! So, this wasn't a huge concession.....just a political ploy. When it doesn't work out the delay issue, the politicans and FAA will simply blame it on the controller workforce. Not their fault, but they will be made out to be the scapgoat here after the fact.

This is also a stolen nugget, but anther person mentioned that this solution is like saying that there are not enough cashiers to eliminate the long lines at Walmart, so their fix would be to open the handicapped parking in order to get more people in the store. It doesn't fix the real issue. I thought that was a great analogy.

So, over this holiday when the controllers are doing thier darndest to get you where you need to be, remember this, and please be a bit more patient and supportive. This is a team effort, whether everyone wants to belive it or not, it simply is. And once we all start helping each other - things will be a whole lot more efficeint and pleasant.

BTW, Happy holdays to everyone here!!

Thanks from Miami Center, That made the most sense

dude, I just got an offer to fly FO on a G3 based here in S. FL. I am strongly debating the jump back to flying. Money is a little less than what i am making at ATC, but its about QOL. Not getting steam rolled on the sector and stressing.

damn, that sounds like a really good deal. Get in with it, start flying, and then get me hooked up with a job, haha!

I talked to KV a few weeks ago on the phone, gonna try and make it down there sometime for a party weekend, I"ll be sure to let you know.

you've still got my email addy, right? if not, get it from kv.

Latest resources

Back