Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dav8or

DV8N4WX
Saw a press release that Midway was starting up again and the would be flying a combination of CRJ's and ERJ's. Does anyone know where they are getting the ERJ's?

Just out of curiosity where did you see the press release? I talked to the chief pilot a while back when I got the recall notice and he said the fleet would be CRJ's - no mention of the ERJ so I have no idea.

CL

Bombardier - Clarksburg, WV

I just got back from Clarksburg, West Virginia (CKB) and saw at least three Midway CRJs at the Bombardier facility there. I have no clue who owns them, but they're still in the Midway paint scheme.

-PJ

CL600Pilot said:
Just out of curiosity where did you see the press release? I talked to the chief pilot a while back when I got the recall notice and he said the fleet would be CRJ's - no mention of the ERJ so I have no idea.

CL

January 17, 2003
Midway Airlines Starts Flights As US Airways Carrier

The following article was published in Aviation Daily on Monday, January 6, 2003.

Midway Airlines on Jan.1 launched service as a US Airways Express carrier with the start of non-stop service from Raleigh/Durham, N.C., to Washington National.

Midway’s three 50-seat Canadair Regional Jets complement Piedmony’s three Dash 8 turboprops currently on the route, for a total of six daily non-stop flights between the cities. Midway plans to have as many as 18 RJs in operation as US Airways Express by mid-year. The next route will begin on Feb. 9, when Midway will replace Indianapolis-based Chautauqua Airlines on the Raleigh-New York LaGuardia route, providing six daily non-stops with a combination of Canadair and Embraer RJs.

As part of US Airways’ Jets for Jobs agreement, up to 18 furloughed US Airways pilots will start training on Jan. 13 in Raleigh to fly as Midway pilots. By late summer, as many as 83 furloughed US Airways pilots are expected to be flying for Midway. US Airways and Midway have a 10-year service agreement, first signed last summer after Midway suspended its Boeing 737 operation.

US Airways will sell tickets on flights operated by Midway and will provide reservations, ground support and other services for the RJ service, as it does for all Express partners. Midway joins 10 other regional airlines that operate as US Airways Express under a code-share and service agreement. -SL

This was posted on the Teamsters Web site.

when Midway will replace Indianapolis-based Chautauqua Airlines on the Raleigh-New York LaGuardia route, providing six daily non-stops with a combination of Canadair and Embraer RJs.

I think what this is supposed to say is that "Midway will replace some of Indianapolis-based Chautauqua Airlines on the Raleigh-New York LaGuardia route".

This would make some of the flights CRJ's, flown by Midway, and some of them ERJ's, flown by Chautauqua.

Latest resources

Back