• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Hiring Dispatcher

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bad part is the position we're in now. Do we move ahead for decertification or do we stay with the union? Management has shafted us since it was voted in so who do we trust? It's a goddamned mess here - one big, live Catch-22.

The only union a dispatch office needs is camaraderie. If dispatch starts getting the shaft, it's alot easier to organize a 40 person sickout than getting a few hundred/few thousand pilots in on the deal.

Bahaha. Are you for real? Go ahead and try that, and let me know what happens!

Bahaha. Are you for real? Go ahead and try that, and let me know what happens!

What are they going to do? Replace all of us overnight? I would give them a couple hours of the airline being completely crippled before they at least were willing to compromise.

I don't think there's anything you can do to make management actually care. If you actually got everyone on board for a sickout, they would find ways to get around it. They would pull everyone who was promoted and used to be a dispatcher out to do releases where I am. They might get killed with phone calls but that's about it. It would be a non-event.

Any group of dispatchers can be replaced very easily for a lower price. What you can't replace is experience but regional airlines could care less about that. It's all about the bottom line cost to them.

I'm sure they're looking for ways to get rid of the top 5 in seniority where I'm at.

Starting pay $12.10 They are looking to hire someone as fast as they can...they already have a new hire and would like to put them through class together. FYI.

When I went to work for them in June of 1999, they started me at $13 an hour.

Latest resources

Back