Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

Hi!

I've been reading a lot of bashing about Mesa's new TA. I never saw any numbers tossed around, but I did see that Mesa pilots got the CCAir guys back online, got rid of Freedom Air and brought all the Mesa pilots back under one roof. That seems like a pretty good agreement in and of itself, in today's market.

Now, as most of us already know, UAL is taking HUGE pay/work rules cuts. I haven't seen one person yet on the major board go after the UAL pilots for taking their cuts. Why is everyone dumping on Mesa, and no one on UAL?

I think that both pilot groups are doing what they can to ensure they have jobs, which is what I would do if I was in their shoes.

Cliff
GRB

Well......call me crazy.... but one possible reason is that one of those carriers is in chapter 11 and may not survive.....and the other isn't.

:eek:

Mesa is not even close to Chapter 11, the company could afford to pay their pilots alot more!!

This is getting tired. Financial wizards we are not. No Chap 11, but look at MESA last three sec filings. Pro forma or not Mesa is not making alot of money. Look at our cash position compared to SKYW or ACA. By the looks of the financials ACA and SKYW pilots should be making more. A couple hundred million in the bank versus 10 - 20m. We took the new contract because it was the best thing for our pilot group and our company. The contract has some improvements in a concessionary environment.

Got to get back to the dinner with the people that I need to take care of. Not SKYW or ACA employees.

atpcliff said:
Hi!

Now, as most of us already know, UAL is taking HUGE pay/work rules cuts. I haven't seen one person yet on the major board go after the UAL pilots for taking their cuts. Why is everyone dumping on Mesa, and no one on UAL?

Cliff
GRB

Becuase even with the cuts the UAL pilots are still earning a good living wage. Maybe not what they are used to but still good earnings in the real world.

When you say"We" you mean...

78% of "we" NOT everyone. It was a great snooker job, I wasn't snowed. JO is gonna laugh all the way to the bank....please make all future references to separate the scared and the wise...

Someone please tell me why anyone would go to work for Mesa in the first place?

I really expected nothing less.

Duh! maybe because the average UAL pilot will still make more in one year than a mesa capt will make in three years?

Latest resources

Back