Mesa to fly Dash-8's out of JFK for Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesa?

Under this new agreement Freedom Airlines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mesa Air Group, will fly twelve, 37-seat, De Havilland Dash 8 aircraft in support of Delta Air Lines expanding operations at its New York-JFK hub. The term of the new agreement is three years.

It is a wonder that they can stay competitive here while having to set up another domicile. At least I believe that to be the case. Dash 8's seem to be a little out of sync here, but I have seen stranger things happen.

DEPLOY!!!!

The set up for the crash 8's seems to be a outstation domiciles just like the 1900's.

It will be great having to slow to 120kts 25 miles out going into JFK!

Dizel8 said:
It will be great having to slow to 120kts 25 miles out going into JFK!

Huh? I don't know how you flew the Dash, but I wish I had a dollar for every time the Tower told us we had an 80-knot overtake on some jet on final. Pretty sure I've never flown less than 120 outside of 2-3 miles, except maybe during a line check.

How many times are these dash's gonna be painted? Aren't these the ones that are flying the UAL system in DEN? and, used to fly the AWA stuff out of PHX? or, are they purchasing some more 8's?

Can a Dash 8 carry more cargo (for INTL connections--could be a lot) than an RJ? Also, RJs on very short legs are probably too expensive (PVD--JFK, BDL--JFK, ALB--JFK, PHL--JFK) Getting on a prop may be interesting for most of the passengers, but it can equal a shorter trip for some of the connections to their INTL cities. It will be interesting to watch. Where are those Comair Dash-8-400s??

Bye Bye--General Lee

Take it for what its worth, but the day before this came out in the papers, Fred told my recurrent ground class that this was going to be announced and that Comair was offered the Dash 8 flying but turned it down because he didnt want to bring the D8 into our fleet.

Dave

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back