• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

big dog1

Just a note of public thanks to ALPA for allowing Mesa to become a
non seniority based airlines. I know us Beech FO'S are just the gum
on your shoes which you have to scrape off and get rid of. The easy
way was, to make it so Beech FO's have nowhere to move up to.
Movement on every piece of equipment except the Beech. If we were
Seniority based the junior Dash drivers would not get upgrades over
more senior 1900 drivers. THANKS ALPA.

Is this about the PHX reduction?

I don't think anyone not already a jet captain is happy with that stupid seat lock deal. I think the company is going to pay for too in the long run as more people bust their upgrades from prop to jet captain. It's going to cost a lot of money in training for them, not that they seem to care about their policies losing money.

If you are referring to the bid prior to the last one where a bunch of D8 guys got upgrades to the right seat of the jet from the dash, that was one of those aberrations that is a sort of loophole to bypass the seat lock in the contract. If 1900's were actually based anywhere that other aircraft types were, the 1900 drivers could get upgrades into other equipment at that base too in the event of a reduction of the 1900's at that base.

At least with the last standing bid thera are some 1900 captains getting upgraded to the jet, finally. It's going to get even more amusing on the 1900 side as the personnel shortages only continue to get worse since there are a bunch more 1900 captains poised to go into the jet on the next award.

jive talkin'

just thought you'd like to see your post translated into ebonics.....

Plum some note o' public thanks t' A-L-P-**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**in'-A 4 allowin' Mesa t' become
some non seniority based airlines. I know us Beech F-O-**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**in'-S be plum da gum
on yo' shoes which yo' ass got'ta scrape off an' git rid o'. Da aisy way wuz,
t' make it so's Beech Fo's have nowhere t' move down t'. Movement on every
piece o' equipment 'escept da **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** Beech. If we wuz Seniority based da **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**
junior Dash driva's would not git upgrades ova' mo' senior 1900 driva's.
T-H-A-N-K-**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**in'-S A-L-P-**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**in'-A.

Moving from F/O on one a/c to F/O on another a/c is not an upgrade...it is a transition.

Mayday.

It's an upgrade with respect to pay, glass cockpit and schedules, at least. Call that whatever you want, but who wouldn't take it?

-Boo!

Just one thing.

Did you vote yes on the contract.

If no, I'm sorry and good luck

If yes. SHUT THE FUK UP. You deserve it.

mckpickle said:
Did you vote yes on the contract.

Who was that eloquently worded post directed towards, mckpottymouth?

If it was me, I didn't cast a vote at all, so . . . do I fall in the 'good luck' or 'you suck' category? :)

-Boo!

If you didn't cast a vote, that's as good as a YES as anything because you didn't vote NO.

I don't recall ever saying I ever had the opportunity to vote. Would your lack of a vote on the Mesa TA make you "as good as a yes", 'Vinman'?

Of course not. You don't work for Mesa, so you didn't have an opportunity to vote, did you?

Incidentally, I've heard a rumor that Mesa might be buying 'Lakes (just a rumor, nothing more), so Lakers may yet still have a chance to vote in Mesa's next TA. :)

-Boo!

Latest resources

Back